Chapter 47: Broken Glass

Zypher's POV

'I've heard na ang Arabella's stone daw ang hahanapin nila.'

'Diba delikado 'yan? Kasi ang cousin ko, he was a royal guard and he was assigned to do the same mission with three others, pero hindi na nakabalik ang dalawa, and the other two was badly hurt.'

'Yeah, I've heard it from my mom na ang mga dark ability users daw ang may kagagawan no'n kasi they are also trying to find the stone.'

'I wish for their safety.'

'Me too.'

That was one of the many conversations I'm hearing now. Nandito kami ngayon sa school grounds with all of the students. The six of us are infront of all the students with our things in hand. Ate Aria and ate Gab wants everyone to know about this since this may cause something big. This may cause something to break in, something to occur. And that something is what I'm dreading to come but at the same time the one I'm anticipating the most. If it's true that those dark ability users which I assume were the ones who were wearing cloaks will be the one we'll be facing and if the result of this mission turns out differently, then I know it'll be worth it. But I'll make sure we won't fail.

"This will be a mission for our future."

Ate Gab suddenly appeared infront of the six of us. The whole ground turned silent as they all heard her voice. Bigla ko namang naramdaman ang pagkabagabag ng mga kasama ko. I feel how uneasy they feel about this. How much they try to cover a facade, it still comes out. Kahit ako kanina ay napapaniwala na hindi din nila nararamdaman na may kakaibang mangyayari sa mission na ito. But it turns out that they're just trying to be optimistic about this, and is very willing to take the challenge. Kahit na naraamdaman ko ang pagkabalisa nila ay nakikita ko pa rin sa mga mata nila ang determinasyon na magtagumpay sa misyon na ito. This is their first mission, and it's already a very big burden for them. And all the pressure of being a crown royalty is on them.

As for me, it may sound so ungodly of me as I am, but I really don't know what to do. All I know is I should kill those persons who were behind my parents death. This is not just about vengeance for my parents but also for the greater good. I know I should get rid of them and I am willing to take them down because of what they did to my loved ones.

It still really bothers me everytime I dream about that tragedy. I can't remember a single thing, but I always dream about my parents and those three women. The one stabbed in the heart, the very terrified one and the woman wearing a glossy red gown. It really bothers me why I can't decipher their faces when they look so familiar yet so strange. Mas dumadalas na din ang pananakit ng ulo ko matapos ang insidente na nagdulot ng pagkahiwa ng braso ko. Everytime I feel my head throbbing with pain, it also feels like something is stirring in my head and turning into a scene, but I can't totally grasp it. Iyong parang alam mo pero hindi mo alam. Maybe this was still the effect of that incident with my arm.

As ate Aria continued ate Gab's speech, everybody listened. Sinabi din nila ang buong pangyayari kaninang hapon sa kagubatan, leaving the information about the traitor's ability. It caused quite a commotion with the students talking uncontrollably. Hindi ko na nasundan ang sinasabi nila sa harap at tiningnan nalang ang paligid. I saw Mia in the crowd with Jill and Jevan. They waved at me, then I mouthed 'Alex'. Lumingo lang sila nagsasabing hindi nila alam. When I went to our dorm room, wala rin siya. Sabi niya kay Mia pupunta lang daw siya sa locker rooms pero hindi parin siya bumabalik.

And speaking of which, nahagilap ng mga mata ko ang isang pigura ng babaeng may mataas na itim na buhok ang tumatakbo patungo sa aming direksyon. She waved at me and I nodded in response at Alex. She looks like she ran a wide range of area. She looks out of breath and exhausted.