Chapter 44: Simpler

Zach's POV

The five of us ran fast when the man grabbed her by the wrist and moved like a blur.

I'm worried. He might get her and never come back. "Sh*t! Kukunin nila si Zy!" Inis na usal ni Nate. "But why?!" Humihingal din na sigaw ni Steph. We are still running and I still can't see where they are. They're so going to pay for this!

"We still don't know. Let's go find out." Sagot ni Matt sa tanong ni Steph na hindi din namin alam. Inilakbay ko ang tingin ko sa paligid at may nakita na akong maliit na imahe sa malayong dako ng gubat. I immediately run very fast, since I have the ability of speed.

"Zach!!"

I heard them shout. Pero wala na akong panahong lingunin pa sila. All I see around me is a blur as I run very fast in the forest. I focused my vision on them.

My heart leapt when I saw what he did. Inilugay niya ang buhok ni Zyhper at itinapon ang eyeglasses nito sa sahig. She wasn't able to balance herself because of the sudden attack, kaya muntik na siyang matumba.

I increased my speed as I saw her getting weak. I just can't help but be worried about her. Hindi ako sanay na makita siyang mahina. I've known her as a strong woman, it's very seldom of her to be this vulnerable. Nakita ko ang reaksyon ng mukha niya bago siya kinuha ng lalaki. She seemed like in pain, confused and hurt. She looked lost. And the wound in her arm. It's already healed, but I can still see red pecks on it. Kaya hindi ko talaga mapigilang mag-alala para sa kaniya.

"Until then...

"....my lady."

I suddenly got confused when I saw him bow down to her; and did he just called her my lady?

Bigla bigla namang lumakas ang hangin na dahilan ng paggalaw ng mga dahon at kahoy. The wind is so strong I even heard some branches break. I just stood there in awe and confusion. Just staring at her without a sound. She stood in silence and I saw her hand clutch her jeans as she fidgets. Her hair swaying at her back.

I walked at her direction after a couple of minutes. I suddenly felt something different. A very strong force in all of the direction. It's almost suffocating at the same time enchanting, yet it felt too strong, it's unbearable. It's so beautiful, yet dangerous. It felt magical. Surreal.

I breathed deeply as I continue to approach her. I watched her as her hands turned into firm fists. I was about to stretch my hand to reach her shoulder when she spoke. "Don't."

"Why?"

"Just don't." Bumuntong hininga siya at lumakad palayo sa akin. I followed her. "Ano ba sa huwag ang hindi mo naiintindihan?" She stopped and spoke with her voice authoritative. I stopped. It just felt like I need to obey what she said. Ito ang isa sa mga ugali niyang hindi ko nagustuhan nung una ngunit napapasunod ako kahit anong mangyari. Kahit nga ako, hindi alam kung bakit.

"Why can't I?" Tanong kong muli. She heaved a deep sigh and I saw her palms release it's grip. "Hindi puwede." Sagot niya. "Bakit? It won't make a difference without your hair in a pony tail and your eyeglasses." Besides, gusto ko din makita ang mukha niya. I'm just curious, eventhough I meant what I said that it won't make a difference.

"Oh, believe me it will." She said and started walking. I stood there unmoving as I watch her walk farther, away from me.

She suddenly stopped walking. "You should go back to them. They might be worried." Naglakad siyang muli.

"Oh, tell them I'm okay." She stopped and walked again. Bigla naman akong natauhan ng malayo na siya sa akin. May gusto pa akong itanong sa kaniya.