Dumbass

"Why am I here for? I should be practicing volleyball right about now." A disgruntled voice speaks from the barstool of your kitchen counter. A sigh escapes from your lips and you turn around to face the angry man with your arms crossed.

"You're going to taste my chocolates to make sure it tastes alright." You take off your apron and rest it on the counter. Kageyama grumbles and rolls his eyes.

You managed to trick Kageyama into coming over to your apartment.

Tomorrow is Valentines Day and you want to make sure the chocolates are edible for Hinata. Funnily enough, tomorrow also marks your fourth anniversary with the cheerful orange haired boy.

"So, you're going to kill me instead of Hinata?" Kageyama eyes the chocolates slowly dripping on a cooling rack. Rolling your eyes, you shake your head and scoff under your breath. "I'm sure you'd pull me down with you if you were to die."

"Damn right." Kageyama flashes a devilish smirk your way. "So, are they done yet? I want to squeeze in at least an hour of practice before they lock the gym up on campus."

You stare at the heart shaped chocolates that have solidified from the cool air of the apartment. Carefully, you pick one up and inspect it from all angles. Kageyama stares at you with an impatient expression. "It looks fine Y/L/N."

"F-Fine. I guess it looks okay enough to eat." Feeling rushed by Kageyama, you extend the chocolate to him. He takes the chocolate from your fingertips and pops it into his mouth. You hold your breath in anticipation for his reaction. But Kageyama can only express two emotions on his face.

Anger or deadpan.

Shrugging his shoulders after he swallows the chocolate, he parts his lips to speak up. "It's chocolate." You feel dissatisfied from his response, heaving a sigh. "Smartass."

Kageyama wears a smirk when he hears Y/L/N's comment. He then stands up from the stool and flings his gym bag over his shoulder. "Alright, I'm out of here. Next time have Yachi be your guinea pig."

"I would've asked her if she was free today." You mumble under your breath. Turning on the faucet, you start to clean up the mess you've made in the kitchen. Kageyama slips his shoes on at the foyer and glances over to the kitchen to look at Y/L/N. "Don't the two of you share this apartment? She could've tried the chocolates when she gets back."

"She's been coming home late these past few weeks. I think she picked up a job or something. We haven't spoken more than a few seconds to greet each other."

Kageyama notices the slight frown on Y/L/N's face. He casts his eyes to the side and stands up after retying his shoe laces. "I'll forgive you this time for tricking me then." He places a hand on the doorknob and twists it open after unlocking it. "See you tomorrow Y/L/N."

You lower the clean bowl into the other compartment of the sink and say a farewell to Kageyama. "Thanks for helping me!"

"Whatever." Kageyama speaks lowly before closing the door behind him.