Thank you, Kageyama

You stare blankly at the table in front of you. Hinata was your number one while you were probably his number two.

Did he fall in love with you genuinely or did he do so because Yachi said for him to?

Learning about everything only makes your feelings more conflicted.

"Did...did you date me because Yachi suggested it?" Your heart aches when you tremble out the question. If you are to learn that the reason you two became a couple is all because of Yachi-- your entire relationship will be hard to swallow.

"No!" Hinata speaks louder than he anticipated. His hands slam against the table and a few curious eyes flick their attention over to the two of you. Hinata lowers his head and mutters out an apology. "Sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice." He scratches the side of his cheek and nibbles his bottom lip.

You can only stare at him. Nothing he says will change how heartbroken you currently feel. His actions have still been acted upon. Mustering the last confidence you have left in you, you part your lips slightly to ask him another question.

"Do you like her still?"

Anxiety crawls into your palms and you feel a tingle run through your body. You hold your breath to anticipate Hinata's answer.

He must still have some kind of feeling for her.

Why else would he kiss her back?

You only ask him this question to feel the pain all at once. Of course you know the answer already. He didn't need to tell you. You just wanted to hear him admit his feelings.

Hinata casts his brown eyes down to the table. His shoulders slump and a mixture of pain and trouble forms on his face.

Is this a test from Y/L/N?

If he answers wrong, would this end everything?

But she knows him well. His honest nature will overpower the urge to lie.

Hinata takes a moment to think about the question. But his silence is just another form of an answer.

If he truly does love you, he wouldn't hesitate to say no.

"You don't have to look so troubled Hinata. You've already given me the answer just now." You speak softly while raising up from your seat. Staring down at your right ring finger, you grimace at the sight of the ring Hinata bought you for your third year anniversary.

Unwillingly, you take the ring off. "I never did like stars anyway. I'm more of a moon girl." You stare at the star diamond ring. Hinata's face pales when he sees you place the ring in front of him. "I'm sure Yachi's finger can fit this ring. Make sure you give this to her."