I don't understand

You lean over, placing your hands on your knees to catch your breath. Running aimlessly around the campus tires you. You glance over to your left and notice a bench. Straightening yourself up, you walk over to sit down and recollect yourself.

But you feared to think about the idea of Hinata cheating. The thought never crossed your mind that he would do something like that.

Memories of your late night calls, dates, and moments of togetherness swirl together to only shatter when you replay his confession of guilt.

Your vision begins to blur and the tears finally trickle down your cheeks. You mentally thank yourself for using waterproof mascara today. To think you would be in tears on a special day like today. And they aren't happy tears.

Hanging your head down, you tear up quietly to yourself. Tears trickle onto your lap, staining the skirt you're wearing.

What was the point in waking up early to get dressed up now? Was there a point in getting frazzled over the chocolates that you tried to perfect just for Hinata?

You regret putting so much effort to only get crushed like this.

Wallowing in pain, you throw the bag on the ground forcefully. Your hands fly towards your face and you hide your tearstained face in your palms.

There's no way you can pay attention to any of your morning classes today. Let alone go back to your apartment with a risk of bumping into Yachi. The word heartbroken isn't enough to explain the suffocating feeling you're experiencing.

Kageyama slows his rushed footsteps when he sees Y/L/N crying on a bench. Her face is hidden by her palms and her body shutters vigorously from her harsh sobs. Looming eyes stare at her as they walk past with hushed whispers.

He forms a thin line with his lips and inhales deeply before he makes his way over to her. When he inches closer to Y/L/N's fragile state, he notices the bag containing the chocolates tossed on the ground. He extends his hand down to pick it up and spots a handwritten card.

"For my number one."

Kageyama grimaces at the note. He then slides it back into the gift bag and quietly sits beside her.

What should he say or do?

This kind of situation is unknown to him. It's not like he hasn't seen a girl cry before. He's seen plenty of that back in high school.

The difference is the person crying. He knows this girl.

This girl is Y/L/N. The only close female friend he's ever had.

Hinata introduced him to Y/L/N one afternoon during volleyball practice during freshman year. She barely spoke to him back then. Her attention completely infatuated towards Hinata.