Surprise and jealousy?

You watch Kageyama dart off in an instant and notice he's dropped his keys behind. He'll panic the moment he notices he's lost his apartment keys. Picking the keys off the ground, you hurry after the last spot you saw Kageyama.

Thankfully he's still there. You tilt your head and watch him for a moment. He looks absolutely terrified for some reason.

Did your words really bother him?

You were only teasing him but you might've stepped over the line. Seeing Kageyama this expressive is nice to see though.

You carefully approach him, resting a hand on his back. "Are you okay Kageyama?" His body stiffens under your touch and he slowly turns to look at you. With your other hand, you raise up his apartment keys. He rummages through his pockets to realize he didn't have them.

His slender fingers reach for the keys but you teasingly pull them away from him. "Tell me what's wrong. Did I say something to offend you? If so I want to apologize." You focus on his face to see any slight change in expression but he reverts back to his scowl expression.

He easily takes the keys out of your hands and ruffles his hair. "I'm probably lacking sleep."

"Your lack of sleep is making you react this way?" You raise an eyebrow, not buying his horrible excuse. You watch his jaw tighten up when he clenches his teeth. He's gone completely blank at responses.

"Y/L/N!" A boasting voice calls out to you. The voice is slightly unfamiliar and you wonder who is calling for you. Kageyama and you both look towards the sound of the voice. A large build guy with short dark brown hair approaches you. The closer they make to you, is when you notice their face.

"Daichi-senpai." You say his name softly when he stops in front of you. His gentle smile and warm eyes greets you. He carefully places a hand on your head and ruffles it slightly. "It's been awhile since I last saw you. You were a freshman back in high school and now you're a freshman in university."

Kageyama bites his inner cheek from Daichi's familiarity towards Y/L/N.

Isn't Daichi being a bit too touchy?

Nodding your head, you reach up to pry his hand away, combing through your hair with a small smile. "What are you doing here?"

"To see you of course." He easily answers your question with a grin. But you're taken aback from his answer.

What reason would there be for him to go out of his way to see you?

Kageyama clears his throat to gather attention to himself. Daichi turns his attention over to Kageyama and raises his eyebrows, as if he's now just realizing Kageyama is there. "Kageyama? Are you here to accompany Y/L/N for the day?"

"Wait, what?" Kageyama is confused by the question.