Petty

A bright ray of sunshine beams on your face causing you to groggily wake up. An odd warmth is met on your hand and you bolt awake. You quickly calm down when you notice Kageyama's sleeping face beside you. His chest heaves up and down slowly in a sleepy breathing pattern.

For a brief moment you forget the reason why he's here.

Did Kageyama fall asleep while he waited for you to sleep?

His back must be sore in that position.

You're ready to wake him up so he can properly lay down in his own bed but you hesitate. His brows furrow together and he seems to wear a frown on his face. It seems like he's having a nightmare. His lips twitch slightly and he groans.

What is he dreaming about?

Slowly and timidly, you reach out towards his hair. But you stop the moment your fingers brush against his bangs.

What are you doing?

You stare at your extended hand, your lips parting slightly.

Are you about to run your fingers through his silky hair? Since when did you want to do that?

You purse your lips, feeling your chest tighten.

"Y...Y/L/N." Kageyama whimpers out your name. With slightly wide eyes, you pull your hand back to look at him.

Kageyama is crying out for you.

His frown deepens and he doesn't whimper out another word. Not wanting his nightmare to go on for longer, you nudge on his shoulder. "Kageyama." You whisper his name out. His brows furrow in response but he doesn't fully wake up. Nibbling your bottom lip, you sit up and rest your back on the bedframe.

Your heart starts to race when you reach out to stroke his hair. It seems to comfort him as you watch his brows relax. The slightest touch to his hair seems to wake him up. His eyes slowly flutter open as you take note of his long lashes.

His sleepy eyes slowly meets your face and you wear a small smile. With a bolt, Kageyama sits up straight. You quickly pull your hand away from his head, alarmed. "A-Are you okay?" You ask him nervously. He stares at your hand with pink tinted cheeks.

"Yeah. I just..." Kageyama lowers his eyes to his lap, running his own fingers through his hair. "I had a nightmare but something gentle woke me up."

You're the one to blush now. Biting your inner cheek, you part your lips to apologize. "Sorry, I stroked your hair while you were asleep. You called out to me and nudging your shoulder didn't work so..."

"I called out to you?" Kageyama raises an eyebrow, tilting his head to the side slightly. Nodding your head, you also mention how he was frowning. "Did something happen to me in your dream? You looked dejected." The two of you make eye contact after shyly avoiding each other's gaze. "Don't tell me the killer from the movie killed me."