Enraged and worried

Kageyama feels a vibration in his pocket when he stops in front of the elevator. Hinata extends his hand out to press the button next to him. Reaching for his phone he sees the caller ID is Y/L/N.

Seeing her name on his screen makes him worried. She hasn't contacted him since the last time he saw her which is two weeks ago. Pressing the answer button, he brings the phone to his ear.

But before he can say a word he hears an awful shriek. Hinata overhears the shriek and turns his attention over to Kageyama. "What was that?" Hinata nervously asks.

Panicked, Kageyama calls out to Y/L/N. "Y/L/N what's wrong? What was that scream I just heard?"

"Y/L/N?" Hinata whispers her name. His eyes widen in worry.

"K-Kageyama, what did you say to Yachi? She came home not too long ago screaming and fuming with anger. I can't get her to calm down and she's trying to break into my room." Y/L/N whispers with a shaky tone.

Kageyama furrows his brows together, clenching his hand onto his phone. He didn't think twice about the consequences of his words to Yachi. If she's not mentally stable because of her anger, something horrible can happen to Y/L/N.

Thunderous pounds can be heard from the other end of the phone call. "Y/L/N!! OPEN THE DOOR. WE NEED TO TALK."

"Don't open the door for her Y/L/N. I'll head over to your apartment right away." Kageyama turns around and hurries out of the apartment building. Hinata grabs onto Kageyama's wrist, stopping him.

"Hinata now isn't the time!" He glares at the orange haired boy.

"Hinata has a spare key to my apartment." Y/L/N whispers over the phone. "You'll need that to get into the apartment." Y/L/N bites her bottom lip at the thought of seeing Hinata.

Kageyama forms a thin line with his lips, sighing under his breath. "Let's go Hinata. Y/L/N stay on the phone with me until I get there."

"Alright." Her voice sounds incredibly weak over the phone. She grimaces each time Yachi pounds against the door. Each pound sending a chill down her spine.

"So, what have you been up to?" Kageyama tries to ease her nerves by distracting her with a conversation. "I haven't seen you on campus."

Y/L/N doesn't answer him right away. Her eyes lower to her knees that are pulled up to her chest. "I've been trying to find a new place to stay at. But the rates in Tokyo are expensive. I might have to move back home after this semester."

The thought of Y/L/N going back to their hometown makes Kageyama's chest ache.

There has to be another solution.

But he knows the financial state Y/L/N is in. Her parents saved up enough money for her to attend school but she had to fund for everything else. Her part time job wouldn't be enough for her to move out on her own. Hence why Yachi and her split the apartment rent between each other.