Closure

The lunch preparation ends up being a dinner preparation by the time the both of you arrive back at your apartment. Kageyama settles down the several bags of groceries on the counter and you begin to sort through it. The trip back home was awkward and neither of you are speaking to one another.

You grow uneasy at how quiet the atmosphere is between the two of you. Your thoughts swim through different topics to ease the tension but your tongue manages to not spit any of them out.

Kageyama's phone chimes in his pocket, pulling him away from helping Y/L/N sort the groceries. He reaches for his phone in his pocket and raises it to his ear. "Hello?" His eyebrow raises slightly from the person who's calling him.

You curiously look at Kageyama from the corner of your eye as you grab a bunch of spices out of the bag. His facial expression hasn't changed into a smile or even a frown. You wonder who's called him and it seems like you'll get your answer when you hear the doorbell sound throughout the apartment.

"How did you even know which floor we're on? Are you a stalker now?" Kageyama grumbles and hangs up the phone. He strolls over to the front door, cracking it slightly. His eyes narrow on a two guys outside the door.

"KAGEYAMA! CONGRATS!" Suga releases a party popper through the small crack, startling Kageyama. Daichi takes the chance to push the door open and welcomes himself in. You leave the kitchen to see the commotion but stop short when you see Daichi.

He slips past Kageyama and hurries over to you with a present in his hand. "Y/L/N!" A gentle warm smile graces Daichi's face when he extends a present to you. Lowering your eyes to the present, you take it from him. "It's an apartment warming gift from Suga and I."

Kageyama walks over and easily takes the present out of your hand. Daichi cracks a chuckle when he notices your brows furrow together. "Hey!" You call out to Kageyama, extending your hand towards the gift.

But you notice a streak of orange hair by the front door. Your attention is pulled away when you notice Suga coaxing Hinata to come inside. The orange haired boy looks troubled. His eyes staring at the marble floor outside of your apartment.

Kageyama notices your frozen state and trails your line of sight to see Hinata. It seems like Hinata just arrived after Suga and Daichi. Daichi turns around to see what the two are looking at.

"Hinata? Why are you standing out there. Come on in." Daichi walks over to the foyer, dragging Hinata inside by the wrist. You feel a calloused hand grab onto your wrist. Flicking your eyes over to the side, Kageyama settles the present back in your hand before releasing his hand away.

He scrunches his nose slightly and speaks quietly. "You can open the gift."

"O-Okay." You stammer out a response after regaining your voice. Suga makes his way over to you, smiling from ear to ear. "It's been awhile since I last seen you Y/L/N." He leans a bit close to inspect your pale complexion. His eyes narrow on your face and his lips form a thin line. "You've been skipping meals and sleep, haven't you?"

"Let's not interrogate her in her own place Suga." Daichi pulls Suga back by the hem of his shirt. Your eyes slowly cast over to Hinata who stands there awkwardly behind your two seniors. Kageyama breaks the tension by bickering at the two guys who's barged in. The three walk over to the living room to converse, leaving you alone with Hinata.