Roommates

𝒜𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓁

You're three days into April and the anxiety of having to move back to Miyagi eats at you. From the busy hours of attending classes, finishing assignments and projects, and looking for apartments-- you don't have any time for yourself.

You can't remember the last time you spoke to anyone other than hesitant greetings towards Yachi when the two of you would cross paths in the morning.

Hinata and Kageyama both seem to be busy as well with their own classes and volleyball matches.

You feel yourself nodding to sleep when you're studying psychology. The subject is your weakest point but you have to take the course if you planned to become a nurse. Your eyelids grow heavy and you slowly slump over the table, resting your head on the book and drifting off to sleep.

🏐・゚゚・。.

Kageyama stares at the university library in front of him. The only time he's ever been in here was at the beginning of the semester. He had to pick up the books he needed for his courses. Today, he's here for another reason.

To look for Y/L/N.

There's no other place he can think she'll linger around at.

Gulping, he braces himself to enter the extremely quiet library. The place is more crowded than usual and Kageyama assumes it's because the semester is ending in roughly four weeks. Several students are cramming in as much information as they can before their finals. Others are probably catching up on their assignments.

He should stop procrastinating and start on his. But he had other matters to take care of first.

He found a solution to Y/L/N's apartment hunt and he plans to tell her today.

Kageyama walks through the library, staring at the students who keep to themselves at the tables. Some are typing away on their laptop while others are tiredly reading their large book or scribbling notes down.

His heart starts to race when he finds the very person he's looking for asleep in the corner of the library. She sits by herself at a table with her book propped open. A faint smile curls on his lips when he makes his way over to her. Kageyama carefully pulls the chair across from her out to sit in.

Propping one elbow on the table, he rests his cheek in his palm. Memories of four years ago flutter back in his mind and he feels his stomach knot together. This familiar scene brings back nostalgic memories of the day she tutored him at the café.

Kageyama's eyes soften when he looks at Y/L/N's sleeping face. Dark circles loom around her eyes and it makes him frown.

Has she been too stressed to sleep?