Her secret

"Will this be a good spot to leave this?" One of the moving company employees ask you with a box carried in his arms. Nodding your head, you watch him settle the last box of your things in your new bedroom. The two of you exit your bedroom and he joins the rest of his workers at the front door.

You stand next to Kageyama and the both of you thank them for assisting in your move. The team bows to the both of you before leaving after receiving their payment. A soft click of the door closes and you exhale.

"It's official. We're roommates." You turn to face Kageyama with a smile. He slowly turns to look at you. With a raised finger he pokes your forehead. "Don't get too excited. We have a lot of unpacking to do." He holds back the smirk that itches to grow on his face by hurrying away from you.

Faintly giggling under your breath, you relax your shoulders and follow after him. "There's plenty of time to unpack. Let's get some lunch first."

"I'm surprised you're procrastinating for once." Kageyama stops halfway from reaching one of the boxes piled up in the living room. He stands up straight and slides his hands into his pockets. You look up at him when he turns around with a blank expression. "What are you in the mood for?"

"I should ask you. I promised to make you something when we moved in together, remember?" A smile forms on your face. Kageyama scrunches his nose slightly, pursing his lips. He stares at the empty kitchen. There's a lack of cooking equipment and ingredients with everything boxed away.

What could he ask for?

Y/L/N doesn't wait for a response when he notices her already heading towards the foyer, putting her sneakers on. She holds onto the apartment key in one hand when she slips her foot into her shoe. "We'll need to pick up a few more things like pots and pans." She speaks softly. Her eyes flick back to him and he stiffens in response.

It seems like she's aware of how lacking they are of these basic items. Kageyama isn't one to really cook so he never had these items to begin with. While on the other hand, Y/L/N left everything behind with Yachi. Not wanting to bring those items along with her since the two split payment on most of their belongings.

"Are you coming Kageyama?" Y/L/N calls out to him, halfway out the door. He hurries over to the foyer, clumsily putting his sneakers on and locking the door behind him.

You busily type on your phone screen a list of items you'll need for the kitchen. Without looking up from your phone, you step into the elevator with Kageyama right next to you. "So...any ideas?"

Kageyama looks at you from the corner of his eye. He nibbles his bottom lip, clenching his hands into fists in his pocket. His unusual quiet demeanor makes you pull your eyes away from your phone screen.

Is he behaving awkwardly now because the two of you are roommates?

The last thing you want is for things to be awkward. Biting your inner cheek, you wonder what you should say.