We're dating

Daichi exhales under his breath as he rides the elevator up to his shared apartment with Asahi. He's overwhelmed by exhaustion and excitement. From tomorrow forward, he's officially a police officer.

A smile forms on his face. He's starting to feel the adulthood tumble all at once in front of him. He's always been an adult but he never felt like one. Despite being the main caretaker among his friends and previously being a captain of a volleyball team. He's had several leadership skills over the years and he thanks that experience for aiding him to his career path.

Deep in his thoughts, Daichi rustles in his pockets for the apartment key. He's ready to just relax for the remainder of the day. But to his surprise, he'll be far from relaxing.

🏐・゚゚・。.

Everyone's on edge when they hear the sound of the door being unlocked on the other side. A few have hidden behind the sofa while others hid in the kitchen and dining room. You hide behind the island counter by the barstool seating with Kageyama and Asahi.

Suga and Yamaguchi ready the party poppers on each side of the foyer.

With the doors parting open, a unison "congratulations!" is shouted with the pop of the party poppers following after. Daichi's eyes widen in surprise when he braces himself in a fighting stance.

"Woah! Let's not attack your friends Daichi." Suga steps back with a nervous chuckle. "At least he's prepared for anything." Tsukishima murmurs out.

Daichi steps a bit further into the apartment to see everyone who's gathered in the apartment. Collecting his thoughts together, he finds his voice to speak. "This surprise party is for me?"

"Who else?" Tanaka grins widely. Daichi relaxes his shoulders and chuckles deeply. He raises a hand to block his eyes, ashamed to feel teary eyed from the gesture.

"Aw, are you crying Daichi?" Noya hurries over to him, patting his shoulder. "Let me see." Noya tries to peer below Daichi's face but Asahi pulls Noya away. Kiyoko walks over to extend a tissue box to Daichi who quietly thanks her. He wipes his eyes before looking at everyone again.

"Thanks guys. I wasn't expecting this at all." He looks at everyone individually with a gentle smile.

"Since the main guest is here. Let's start the party!" Suga claps his hands together and walks over to the fridge to grab beers. "Wait, none of us are legal to drink but four of you." Yamaguchi raises an eyebrow when Suga hands a beer over to Tanaka who doesn't waste a second to grab it out of Suga's hand. Kiyoko grabs a beer can from Suga and places it in Yamaguchi's hand.

"Just enjoy the party Yamaguchi." Kiyoko wears a smile, a devious look in her eyes. "N-Not you too Kiyoko!" Yamaguchi cries out.

"It's not like there's an officer here to fine us for underage drinking." Tsukishima jokes when he cracks open the beer can, eyeing Daichi while he drinks the alcohol content. Daichi gently pats Yamaguchi's shoulder. "It's just one beer Yams. Don't sweat it." Daichi tries to reassure the nervous Yamaguchi. The party commences with food, beer, and live chatter. You and Kageyama try to not stick to one another during the party to avoid suspension.