He's cute

"So you shared a cake with Suga, huh?" Kageyama grumbles under his breath as the two of you walk back to the apartment together, hand in hand.

Raising an eyebrow, you glance over at Kageyama.

How does he know that?

"How do you know that? Were...were you following us?" Slightly alarmed, Kageyama notices your surprised tone. He purses his lips and bites his inner cheek. You watch him lower his head in embarrassment.

"Yeah...my emotions were unsettled the moment I saw you leave the apartment." He stops his pace and tugs at your arm. His hand extends towards your face to pinch your nose. With furrowed brows and a scowl resting on his face, he parts his lips slightly. "Just look at you Y/N. I was afraid Suga would be swayed by your beauty."

Thrown off by his compliment, you choke on your saliva. Kageyama widens his eyes briefly. He watches you regain your composure, a giggle escaping your lips. Covering your smile with your hand, your eyes twinkle when you look into his dark blue orbs. "Getting a compliment from you feels a bit weird."

"But it's okay if you hear it from someone else?" Kageyama holds the scowl on his face, now pinching your cheek instead.

Lowering your hand from your mouth, you intensely stare at Kageyama. He keeps eye contact, unfazed. But his glare falters the moment you compliment him. "You're pretty sexy when you get angry sometimes Tobio."

His jaw drops slightly and there's a wordless response. The corner of your lips curl into a devilish grin when you see his face redden. Kageyama starts to walk ahead, leaving you behind to calm his fluttering heart.

You laugh at his adorable reaction.

He tries his best to appear dominant but he's more innocent than he puts on. "It's weird isn't it?" You call out to him, hurrying after his side. His shy demeanor avoids your curious gaze.

"I guess so." He clears his throat and manages to find his voice. You watch his fingers run through his jet black hair in a nervous behavior. Smiling, you lace your fingers with his slender ones.

Seeing him drop his guard down around you makes you feel happy. He's willing to show you this vulnerable side of him. You feel his hand gently squeeze yours and you catch a small smile sitting on his lips.

🏐・゚゚・。.

𝒜 𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓀 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

"Y/L/N can you lay out some silverware at the dining table?" Asahi is running around the kitchen getting the food prepared for Daichi's congratulation party in completing police academy. You, Kageyama, Suga, and what appears to be half of the Karasuno high school volleyball team is crammed into Asahi's apartment.

"What about us? Can we do something?" Noya inserts himself into the conversation, Tanaka eagerly grinning beside him. You lightheartedly giggle at the two. It doesn't appear to you that they've changed much since the last time you saw them.