Let's start from the beginning

Hinata stares at his phone. The missed calls and read text messages from Y/L/N haunts him. He bites down harshly on his bottom lip and wonders if he should call her again. The caller id flashes Yachi's name and he frowns in response.

If he turned his back on Yachi like Kageyama said, none of this would happen. But it did and he gave in to the temptation. The temptation of kissing his first love. The girl who he fell for first and the same girl who broke his heart when she rejected him. Now he's that very person who's becoming Y/L/N's first heartache.

Hinata forces his eyes shut and angrily slides his phone into his pocket. He leans his back against his seat. Images of his shared kiss with Yachi invades his mind. He erases it quickly and the next image he sees is the distraught expression Y/L/N formed when he confessed.

Weakness and guilt consumes him when he thinks about her.

He's the worst boyfriend on Earth.

The windchimes above the café door jingles and the barista at the front greets the guest.

"Hinata." A soft voice calls out to him. The voice he ached to hear again.

He flutters his eyes open and jolts up from his chair making his seat tip over. A loud clatter echoes in the café and Hinata apologizes before he picks his chair back up.

"Y/L/N." He whispers her name with a smile on his lips. He didn't think she would show up but she stands right before him. He pulls the chair out in front of him and she murmurs a quick thank you.

Anyone can easily tell that she's been crying. Her eyes are red and they're slightly puffy compared to earlier this morning. A frown seems to be her permanent expression.

"Do you want a drink or anything? I'll get it for you." Hinata makes light conversation but she shakes her head in response.

"Let's just talk." She speaks curtly. Her eyes avoid his brown ones and she's closed off by her body behavior. Hinata bites his inner cheek and nods. He runs his slender fingers through his orange hair. No matter what he says at this point, it will hurt her. He has no one else to blame but himself.

Clearing his throat, he parts his lips slightly. "Let's see...where should I start."

🏐・゚゚・。.

𝔽𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕙𝕞𝕒𝕟 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣

"Meet our assistant manager, Yachi Hitoka." Kiyoko wears a smile when she introduces a short blonde haired girl with brown eyes. The girl nervously raises a hand to greet herself. "I-I don't know much about volleyball but I hope to learn as quickly as possible! Please bare with me!" She forces her eyes shut and bows to the group.

Tanaka and Nishinoya whisper among themselves. "She's pretty cute." Nishinoya smirks.