Do you not want to?

"Welcome!" A staff at the main entrance welcomes you and Kageyama the moment you step foot inside the store. You bow slightly to her and hurry after Kageyama who's already walking further ahead.

With it being a weekend, the foot traffic in the store is heavy. You try to make yourself smaller by bringing your arms closer to yourself. Your lips form a thin line when you notice couples walking around together, pointing at this and that with smiles on their faces.

Your eyes travel to their interlaced hands and you definitely feel the loneliness. You haven't particularly spent much time outside besides the grocery trip with Kageyama and the day of moving into your new apartment.

This was the exact reason.

You couldn't help but feel lonely when you saw others happily together. Kageyama seems to notice Y/L/N's quietness and how tightly she's gripping onto her elbows with her arms crossed.

"Something wrong?" Kageyama slows his steps to look at Y/L/N with concern. His brows are furrowed together when he narrows his eyes on her troubled expression.

You're quick to shake your head but your attention is pulled away when you watch a couple walk past in front of you. The slightest frown on your face is easily noticeable for Kageyama. He follows your line of sight and notices how crowded the store is with couples.

Seems like everyone's looking for décor and appliances for their homes today.

He tries to lighten the mood by teasing Y/L/N. "Getting envious of others? Being single isn't too bad Y/L/N." Her face looks sullen and she shrugs in response to his tease. Kageyama feels awkward not knowing the right words to say to her right now. She looks more depressed the longer the silence stretches on.

Her fingers run through her hair and she releases a sigh before walking ahead. Kageyama nibbles his bottom lip, pondering on what he can do to distract her mind. He keeps his distance from her, watching her disinterested face when she looks at a few fake plants.

Biting his inner cheek, he squeezes his hands into fists in his pockets.

What should he do?

As Kageyama grows deep in thought, Y/L/N mindlessly walks around the store. Her feet guides her over to a cute decoration aisle. Seeing all the minimalistic and trendy décor makes her feel slightly better. One item in particular sticks out to her and she quickly makes a beeline towards it. Kageyama looks ahead of him and notices Y/L/N has vanished from him. He clicks his tongue, grumbling under his breath at how fast she can be.

Where could she have gone within the last 30 seconds?

"Kageyama!" Y/L/N calls out to him, returning back to him with something in her hands. Her mood seems slightly better from the way she looks at him. He lowers his eyes down to the item she's excited to show. "I think you should put this in your room."