Payback

A month easily slips past you and it's already May. You've grown accustomed to living in the apartment with Kageyama as your roommate. Neither of you have seen each other much due to your part time job and his constant need to practice volleyball despite not having any games until next month when the next semester starts.

You're on your way home when you receive a text message from Kageyama.

You send a reply to him and walk into a convenience store, picking up two bottles of cola.

🏐・゚゚・。.

"I'm home." You call out from the foyer, taking your sneakers off and locking the door behind you. Kageyama is busy setting something down on the coffee table by the living room when you enter.

"Welcome home."

You notice him in the living room. Curious, you settle your things down at the counter and extend the bag of drinks to him. The smell of fried chicken wafts towards your nose. Kageyama notices your eyes staring at the plate of fried chicken and he crinkles his nose.

"Did you make this yourself or did you dump a chicken bucket onto the plate?" You smirk, settling yourself down on the sofa. Kageyama scoffs and he raises a drumstick, pushing it against your lips for you to eat. "I made it myself. Since you've been making all the meals since the day we moved in."

With the chicken still being hot, you wince at the burn on your tongue after taking a bite. You part your lips open to fan your tongue with your hand. "Well, thank you for making dinner today." You look over to Kageyama who sits next to you.

"Does it taste okay? I tried to follow a recipe but...you know how I am with following directions." Kageyama reaches over to grab a drumstick. You take another bite of the drumstick after blowing on it, slightly cooling it off. A satisfying crunch fills your ears when you take a bite.

The smile on your face answers his question and he watches you do a little shoulder dance. He holds back the chuckle that's clogged in his throat. "You don't have to pretend to like it that much."

You flick your eyes over to Kageyama, raising his hand that's holding the drumstick over to his mouth. Swallowing your piece, you then speak up. "Try it yourself. You'll be dancing too from how delicious it is." You smile from ear to ear and the very expression makes Kageyama gulp and his insides flutter.