Go talk to him

Kageyama awkwardly sits on the other end of the sofa. He's unsure what to do. Having her here at his apartment is probably the last logical thing to do.

She's heartbroken over her boyfriend because he kissed another girl. But she's here at her boyfriends friends apartment on the day of their anniversary.

Hinata will definitely get the wrong idea.

Y/L/N's phone starts to vibrate and she grimaces when she sees the caller id.

Hinata.

You're tempted to answer so you can hear his voice. But you're also not over the thought of him and Yachi kissing.

How could Yachi act perfectly normal the evening she came back yesterday?

The two of you even ate dinner together. There wasn't a trace of guilt on Yachi's behalf.

The call ends and Hinata's name flashes on the screen again.

"Are you not going to answer him?" Kageyama speaks in a low tone when he stares at your phone that lays next to you.

Pursing your lips and pulling your knees to your chest, you rest your forehead against your knees. "And say what?"

Kageyama closes his parting lips.

She's got him there.

He has no idea what she should say to Hinata. But he knows she can't run away from him. They need to settle things together.

"Do you want to be with Hinata still?"

Kageyama's question makes your heart waver. A chill runs down your spine and you force your eyes close.

Four years. Four years is the longest relationship you've ever had.

Albeit, Hinata is your first boyfriend and you were his first girlfriend. The two of you shared many firsts and you really believed that he always will be your first in everything.

"I...I don't know. Of course I'd like us to be together still. But." You close your lips and ponder on your next words. Turning your attention over to Kageyama, you open your eyes to look at him. "You were there when it happened, right?"

Kageyama stiffens the moment Y/L/N looks at him directly in the eyes. He tries to hide his tenseness when he avoids her gaze. "Yeah." His answer is short and blunt.

"Did Hinata really kiss her back?" Y/L/N's voice is a soft hush. The question itself is making her crumble. Kageyama hesitates for a moment to tell her how passionately Hinata kissed Yachi.

But what's the use of wording things delicately for her?

He's not one to sugar coat his words anyway. Even if it's for a friend who's going through a heartache. Y/L/N will be fine once she goes through the hard part of the truth.

"Yeah. He did kiss her back. It seemed like a light switch was turned on the moment Yachi kissed him." Kageyama wears a scowl on his face when he replays the scene in his mind. "I also heard their conversation prior to their kiss but it's not my business to tell."

He flicks his dark blue eyes over to her glossed over ones. "Hinata has to tell you the all the details. After you hear his part of the story, you can have a clearer mindset of where you want your relationship to go."

Kageyama extends his hand and picks up her phone. "Call him. You shouldn't be here unless you want Hinata to catch the wrong idea."

Everything Kageyama is saying is true. You fight back the urge to be stubborn about the situation. You're thankful for Kageyama's bluntness for once. Taking your phone from his hand, you hover over your missed calls and text messages from Hinata.

The last text message he sent is a map of his current location. With the following words, "I'll wait here as long as I have to. Please give me a chance to explain everything."

You clench your hand against your phone.

The location is one of your favorite cafes.

Exhaling slowly, you stand yourself up from the sofa. "Thanks for the pep talk Kageyama. I'll meet up with Hinata."

Kageyama slowly stands up from the sofa and walks you out towards the foyer. You look up at him after sliding your flats on. "You should head back to campus. I'm sure your admirers are looking for you. Don't make anyone cry too much today." A faint smile forms on your face and you see yourself out of the door.

Kageyama watches the door close behind Y/L/N. She shouldn't have the time to worry about others when she's also in pain. He wonders if she'll be okay after her and Hinata discuss everything. But it's none of his business.

He turns around and walks over to the kitchen counter. The chocolates from earlier sit on his counter top. He opens the bag and takes a piece out to eat.

His comment yesterday about the chocolate was purposely blunt.

Her chocolates are delicious and easily melts on his tongue. But he couldn't tell that to her with a straight face. She'll get too big headed if he complimented her like that.

Kageyama shakes his head and snickers under his breath. He grabs his belongings to head back to campus.