You're their friend

"So, what have you guys been up to? Being studious university students I hope?" Daichi lowers the beer from his lips and sets it down on the wooden table.

Kageyama, Hinata, Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, Daichi, and Suga share a table at a sushi restaurant. The other previous members of the volleyball team couldn't make it to their monthly meet up due to their classes or jobs.

A darkness looms over Hinata. His usual brightness in his eyes and smile are nonexistent.

Suga notices the lack of attention from him. He places a salmon sushi on Hinata's plate to grab his attention. "Everything alright Hinata? You seem out of it."

"He's been like that for two weeks." Tsukishima speaks bluntly as he extends his chopsticks towards one of the many sushi's in front of him.

Yamaguchi forms a weak smile to explain further. "Y/L/N and him broke up on their fourth anniversary."

Suga and Daichi both raise their eyebrows with widen eyes. "Is that so? Did something happen?" Daichi turns his eyes over to Hinata. A grimace forms on Hinata's face, his hands cover his face.

Neither Tsukishima or Yamaguchi can answer Daichi. Hinata will definitely get a scolding once he tells them the reason.

"He cheated on her." Kageyama who has no filter, doesn't bother holding back the truth.

Hinata lowers his head against the table besides Kageyama. "You like to be a pain in the ass, don't you Kageyama?" Hinata mutters in a soft whisper.

A devilish smirk forms on Kageyama's face and he chuckles lightly. Suga and Daichi both look baffled from the reasoning.

"C-Cheat?" Suga stammers out the word. "Hinata of all people? That doesn't sound right." Suga looks over to Hinata who's not defending himself. He slowly raises his head up and runs his fingers through his orange hair.

Daichi looks at Hinata with disappointment. He admired the twos relationship the moment the two became a couple. Their personalities melded well together. Y/L/N was someone who could balance out Hinata's energetic self with her calm natured presence.

"Care to explain Hinata?" Daichi's intimidating stern tone sends a chill down Hinata's spine. His throat becomes dry as he swallows his saliva. With quivering lips, Hinata begins to tell his two seniors the entire situation.

Two empty beers later, Daichi slams his third one against the table. Everyone flinches besides Tsukishima. The blonde haired boy crosses his arms and leans back in his seat to watch the show unravel before him.

"So let me get this straight. Yachi was your first love but she wasn't ready to be in a relationship. You then dated Y/L/N after developing feelings for her." Daichi slowly sort his thoughts aloud. "But, after all your years with Y/L/N...a single kiss from Yachi made your heart waver?"

Hinata nods his head slowly. Hearing his actions aloud only makes him feel worse.