One sided

"Thanks for helping me back there Kageyama." Hinata finds his voice as the two walk out of the restaurant together. The two live in the same apartment building so it would be weird for Kageyama to leave without Hinata.

Kageyama nods in response. He's too embarrassed to say you're welcome to him. It's out of his vocabulary anyway.

A silence fills their conversation with the ambiance sound of the city.

"Say...Kageyama." Hinata musters up the courage to speak up again. The two slow down at a crosswalk and Hinata turns his attention over to Kageyama. "It's probably my imagination but." Hinata stops his sentence short. His lips part slightly and he inhales deeply before continuing. "You care about Y/L/N, right? Or else you wouldn't throw me under the bus so many times now."

Kageyama scoffs in response. "Isn't it clearly obvious?"

"Well, yeah. But." Hinata forms a fine line with his lips. "How much do you care about her? I've never seen you interact with her so much until now."

Hinata's observation makes Kageyama short of breath. The crosswalk flashes 60 seconds for them to cross so that gives him 60 seconds to think of the right words to say. "Were you being considerate as my friend by giving us space?" Hinata continues to speak without waiting for Kageyama's answer.

That's partially correct.

He couldn't stand being with the two as they shower each other with love. It made him feel icky. Like he wasn't suppose to be there. So he'd avoid being a third wheel at all cost.

But there was probably a deeper meaning to it all. An itching feeling he felt once before when he was alone with Y/L/N back in high school.

🏐・゚゚・。.

𝒮𝑒𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒹 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝐻𝒾𝑔𝒽 𝒮𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓁

"Damn it coach Ukai." Kageyama grumbles when he stares at the paper his coach had given him. In bold letters it states that he's banned from the gym until his grades are at the bare minimum of passing.

His brows knit together and he grows aggravated at the circumstance he's in. He crumbles the paper and tosses it behind him. But instead of tossing it directly into the trash bin he hits a student in the head with it.

"Ack!" A females voice squeaks out from behind him. Kageyama raises both brows and widens his eyes briefly.

Did he accidentally hit someone with the crumbled paper he just tossed behind him?

He turns around to see who he hit and to his surprise the person is Y/L/N. She bends down to pick up the paper ball. He notices her slowly unravel it and he panics. "Wait! Don't go reading peoples things."