1 ~ Introduction

Hi! Welcome to my story. My name's y/n, well.. just y/n. I'm an orphan and I have no idea what my surname is. I grew up in an orphanage, in Canada, which was run by a single lady in her late 30's. But when I turned 16, I got scholarship based admission in one of the best schools in the entire world. And it was in Korea, South Korea.

I don't remember who my parents are or if they're even alive. But I have some faded memories of them of my first 4 years, like nostalgia. I don't even know if those memories are real, if I even spent the first 4 years of my life with my parents. But I know they were korean and we only communicated in Korean. Maybe this is why I can still speak or read korean. But I'm not an expert in Hangul, after spending most of my life in Canada I've got so used to English.

A part of me was happy after getting this korean highschool scholarship, what if I find my parents there someday somehow. Sounds crazy but this was the only thought in my mind which made me go all the way to Korea.

But the other part of me was scared, so scared. It's a totally different land and I have no idea about the people living there. I was asked to leave everything in Canada, including my orphanage and my friends there. I was only allowed to carry my clothes with me, they didn't even let me take my laptop or phone with me.

What kind of weird scholarship is that? I know you're probably thinking this because I thought about this question too. And when I arrived there, my life changed. I'd never imagined to be surrounded by such people or even see them with my own eyes in real. Vampires! Werewolves!!

Yes, just like you I too had only heard or read about them in books. But yes, I now know that they are for real and they exist. When I arrived Korea, I realised it was the land of vampires and werewolves. It was so difficult for me settle down here, I'm the only human girl here. I was so scared to even live here but slowly I got used to it. Because I might be the only human not aware about them existing in real. But they were very much aware and used to be around humans. As times passed and I grew up, I saw thousands of humans coming to this land, and settle here. Now korea was a land of all three, humans, vampires and werewolves.

One might think about how the vampires survive or live with ordinary humans, are they exactly like how they're shown in movies? Well, no! They are so different. Every human living here knows about them and they live exactly like you and I do. They can go out in full daylight, they don't come out at night to attack humans and drink their blood, but silver is dangerous for them. In this world nobody use silver to threaten or hurt them. Because they don't threaten or hurt us either. We all live in peace and harmony.

Except for werewolves, their biggest enemy are vampires. They hated them and there's no way a vampire would enter their area and make it out alive. Korea was divided into two halves, vampires area and werewolves area. But vampires were more understanding than werewolves. I've seen many werewolves walk around vampire's area and be friends with them. But no vampire was allowed in their area. They lived in places like Jeju, Busan, Ulsan, areas with forest and mountains. Meanwhile the vampire population lived in Seoul, Daegu and more urbanised cities.

Thanks to Bomi, my bestfriend. I survived in this strange world because of her. And I totally forgot to tell you! This country is ruled by the Government and a Royal family. And my bestfriend Bomi is the only daughter of this Royal family. We've been bestfriends for almost 4 years now, throughout the highschool and now I work for her family in their family buisness. I am in marketing department and Bomi is my head. Her family has been so kind to me. I had a hard time living in dorm so they provided me a room to live in their huge palace looking house. Her father treats me like I'm his second daughter.

While her brother, the only Prince of this country and heir of their buisness, he is my boyfriend. Well, he WAS my boyfriend. Eric and Bomi including their entire family, they're vampires. Things were going fine between me and Eric, we were dating secretly before bomi caught us kissing in his room. I don't hide things from her but I was afraid she might kick me out and hate me for dating her elder brother. But she was rather happy to see us together. Even though from time to time she told me not to get attached or serious. Because once eric turns 23, he'll be married to his soul bound vampire girl, his mate.

I tried, I really tried to not get attached but deep down I knew, I liked him alot. And I wanted to be his mate so bad. I even asked him to bite me and take my blood if that can make me his mate. He said it doesn't work like that way. Then guess what, I caught him kissing another vampire girl one day in his office. I was heartbroken and shattered. I knew it, I knew this would happen and he will find his mate one day. It was my fault that I decided to date a vampire but it still hurts. While me and bomi were trying so hard to make me forget about her brother and his to be vampire wife. Their mother developed disliking for me, bomi's parent don't like anymore and her mother hates me. That vampire girl told them about our secret relationship and now she was looking for different ways to make them kick me out or probably kill me.

Bomi and I moved out from her parent's house. But eric continued to meet me in secret. It wasn't like we were still dating, I was already over him now. But he still had some feelings for me. He was getting married to his mate in few weeks but she caught him sneaking out to meet again one day. Next day, the most confidential files of their business were gone. The files just disappeared and his vampire mate blamed me. Now his parents think I betrayed them and their loyalty. They sent their men to haunt me down and kill me. Betraying was a crime in this country. Thanks to Bomi, she believed me when I told her I did nothing and it's a trap set by her brother's mate. Bomi helped me pack my things and escape their area. I ran and ran, took the bus and entered werewolves area.

I've living here for 3 months now, nothing bad has happened so far. It's a small town surrounded by woods and mountains. I feel safe here, at least for now. I found a lovely lady who let me stay in her small cottage in the woods. Her daughter is around my age and she's my new friend now. Besides her, I have another friend here. Her name's yuri and we both work in the same cafe as waitresses. This job doesn't pay me alot but it's enough for my survival in this small town with a small population.

Yuri reminds me of Bomi, I miss my bestfriend so much. I left everything in vampire's area when I escaped. I bought a new phone and new number here. Yuri is an extrovert, just like Bomi. And she told me about her brother who's been out for a month now searching for his mate. Yuri told me everything about her brother, Hoseok. I feel pretty bad for him. He's already 26 but still hasn't found his mate. He is an Alpha and the leader of their werewolf pack. I've never met him before, yuri said he's been on a tour with his bestfriend who is also yuri's mate. They both have been searching for his mate but they still haven't found her yet.

It was almost 7pm now, I was tired. I was waiting for my shift to get over so that I can finally leave for my cottage in the woods. I was cleaning the tables, the tag "Closed" already hanging on the front door. I hear the wind chim as someone comes through the entry door. I turned around saying "we are closed!"

But when I saw that man standing at the door, my body stopped. He was gorgeous and he looked so dangerous. His eyes were golden, I've never seen golden eyes before. He was tall and handsome as hell. His face beautifully sculptured by the moon goddess. His jawline could cut me into pieces. I felt a strange feeling inside me. As if there was a gravitational force pulling me towards him.

He moved his head looking at me, the golden shine in his eyes piercing through my heart. He smiled showing his beautiful pearly white canines. I should be scared of him, he looks so strong like an Alpha male. But my legs were giving up, as if my body was begging for him, his touch. I felt a weird sensation on my neck, what the hell is happening to me right now. I want him to mark me, bite me, do things to me. I was lost in my fantasies but I snapped out when I heard his voice.

"Hey cupcake! I'm looking for yuri." He said "I'm her brother, Hoseok!"

" He said "I'm her brother, Hoseok!"