Dinner Part 1

My POV:
Anna gets out of her car as I'm getting off of my motorcycle. I quickly walk up to her and say, "Anna you look amazing". She say "thank you.....you look great too" she eyes me . I'm wearing a fitted black suit. She walks in as I hold the door open for her. She is absolutely stunning in that tight black dress. As we walk through the restaurant, all I want to do is hold her hand. Sadly, that won't ever happen because she isn't mine.

We walk to the table and we greet everyone. She kisses Micheal and he says, "hey baby....you look great". I roll my eyes and sit down next to Kaylee, my best friend. She knows my true feelings for Anna. This night isn't about me, it's about him.

It's a dinner party in celebration of Micheal's graduation from med school. I never liked him only because he would constantly hurt her. Who does he think he is? He is "above" everyone else because he has daddy's money. I cannot stand him but I put up with him because he is Anna's boyfriend.

The 6 of us sit in order : Taylor, Micheal, and Anna on one side of the booth and Me, Kaylee, and Gabriel on the other. The waiter comes over and takes our drink orders and they all politely ask for their alcoholic drinks, except for.....Micheal. She asks me mine and I tell her just a water, someone's got to be sober. She lightly flirts with me and Anna side eyes her. I make a mental note of this.

I excuse myself and go to the bathroom. I stand in front of the mirror and look at myself with disgust. Why am I here? Oh yeah......her. By "her" I mean Anna. From the outside it seems that we are best friends and roommates, but on the inside it's so complicated. The amount of times that we have caught ourselves flirting, drunkenly confessing feelings then regretting it, ours lips briefly touching, eye contact, the tension that could be cut with a knife, the embraces we give each other, and everything that falls in between. But these "moments" get wiped away by him, Micheal. She is amazing and she deserves the world, but he constantly hurts her. I grip the sink as I feel my anger rising. I wash my hands and walk out the bathroom. I accidentally walk into someone and they trip but I catch them. It's her.

I stare into her eyes and ask, "are you ok?" She stares back with no answer. There it is—another "moment". She slowly answers, "yes...uh...I was going to the bathroom". "Uh.....ok have fun" I let her go. I see her eyes fall to my lips as we both stand there quietly. The tension between us—only when no ones looking. I look into her ocean eyes and get lost in them as I try to decipher what color they are. My gaze travels to her lips and she starts to lean in. Our lips are so close that I can feel her breath, but neither of us close the gap between them. The men's bathroom door opens and she pushes me off....again. She quickly walks into the bathroom before the stranger can see her. I walk back to the table thinking on what just happened.

I seat myself next to Kaylee. She looks at me with worry.....I guess my facial expressions gave it away. I put my hand on hers and whisper, " don't worry......it's nothing that hasn't happened before" she still makes a worried face but I move past that. I pretend that nothing happened.....like I always do.

Micheal starts talking about what he wants to eat and of course he's drunk. I can smell the tequila on him. Everyone is drunk except for me and Kaylee, only because she is pregnant with Gabriel's baby. Micheal starts getting loud again. Great.