-I-

"Mr Mathers

"Mr Mathers.."

Marshall stood up from his desk, and looked at the man. He didn't know this man particularly well, they were on a first name basis. But that was it, that's all it would ever be.

He let out a slight sigh, and met eyes with him. "That's my name, what's up Carl?"

Carl was an important asset to the production of Eminem's music, even if he was still denying it. He was in charge of Eminem's social media's and public image. Although, Em had never really liked him, Carl always found a way to add work and stress to his day, even after having piles and piles to do.

"Have you found yourself a body guard yet? Its getting out of hand." Marshall knew this too, he knew now more then ever that he couldn't leave his house without swarms of fans following him.

Ever since the release of the Marshall Mathers LP, fans have found another excuse to follow him with pens and notepads. "Eminem! Sign my album" "Eminem! Please!" "EMINEM PLEASE!"

It's not like Marshall didn't have a bodyguard, of course he did. But bodyguards resigned like wildfire. It wasn't that being his bodyguard didn't pay much, of course it did. The main issue was that the job was very time consuming. There were no fixed shifts, and the job involved more dedication then most people could handle.

"I looked through a few applications." Marshall said, lifting a small stack of applications. "There were thousands, I narrowed it down to about thirty or so.." he muttered, handing Carl the paper.

Carl, quickly skimmed through the sheets of paper giving each applicant a couple seconds of time. He eventually reached the final page, but stopped in thought.

He held, up the final page. It showed two applicants. The first a tall beefy man in a leather jacket, with the name "Ben". And the second, a petite woman with dark hair, "Amber".

"A woman, are you crazy? I asked you to find a bodyguard not another groupie." He exclaimed, slamming the paper back on the desk.

"You haven't even read the file yet, why not give her a shot." He smirked, pointing out that she had a black belt in karate, and passed military school in two months.

Carl shook his head and took a deep breath, probably going to regret the next words following. "You can try her out, but mark my words Marshall a small thing like that won't be a suitable bodyguard."

Marshall knew he was right, how would a 5'3" woman protect him from the mobs? In a short answer, she couldn't. It'd be impossible. And maybe Carl was right, maybe "Amber" was another simple minded blonde bitch that he could have his fun with and forget about in a couple of weeks. But maybe that's what Marshall wanted, ever since Kim left life had been boring.

Marshall picked up her application, and sent her a letter confirming that her space had been secured. He then followed Carl out of the room.

"Stupid bitch" he muttered.

Amber leaned against her doorframe, posing in front of the mirror. She had decided to give in, and go out for the night. She still needed to get over what she did last week.

She sent an application to Eminem himself. She wondered if he'd laugh if he saw a girl was applying to be his bodyguard. She took a deep breath, chuckling to herself as she ran her hands down her black dress straightening any creases. Why am I so fucking underestimated?

Amber suddenly heard a quick knock, were the girls here already? She walked downstairs, hoping that it was them so she could just get this night over and done with.

She answered the door, but her smile turned into a sudden frown. It wasn't her friends at the door, it was a small, skinny man, with a bag of envelopes. He pulled out three Envelopes and handed them to her.

She thanked him, and walked inside. The first envelope, was another reminder to pay her electricity bill
or the power would be cut off. She slammed this envelope onto the table, sighing. She worked an unstable job at the local coffee shop, but it was still difficult to make ends meet.

The  second was a letter telling her she has a fifty dollar fine for speeding. As if my day couldn't get any worse... She scrunched this letter up, what are they going to do next? Take my license?

Then finally the third, it looked quite professional, the envelope was made of a brown paper.
Dear Miss Amber Lakeside it read. It was probably grandma, she forgot my birthday a few weeks ago, it's likely a birthday card with a little bit of money inside if she was lucky.  She opened the envelope curious of it's contents.
"You have been hired as Marshall Mathers bodyguard, please come to the Maple restaurant to talk work, at 8pm on Wednesday"

This definitely came as a surprise, Wednesday was tomorrow, although just as she was about to write a letter back, the door knocked. It was definitely the girls this time, Amber could hear them talking.

She walked towards to door, and opened it, "Hey guys!" She said, trying to appear happy. It's not that she wasn't happy, but she sometimes had problems mustering a smile.

Angela, Mackenzie and Bella pulled Amber into a hug. Angela, was the leader of the group. She had blonde straight hair and dainty features, she was the type of girl that other girls wished they could be. She was wearing a teal dress that complimented her eyes well.

Mackenzie who was probably her best friend out of the three, had her dark hair in dreads. It looked really good on her, especially with the ombré purple she'd recently had done. Mackenzie wasn't wearing a dress, just a leather jacket and jeans.

Finally, Bella. Bella was the tallest out of them all, she was 6'1". She was quite a strong girl, and had her red hair tied into a bun, that looked perfect without any effort. Her dress was a ruby red, her favourite colour.

They all looked much more stunning then she did. That was clear, but she didn't mind. "So are we going out?" Angela, asked them all smiling widely displaying her whitened teeth.

Bella seemed eager enough, but Amber and Mackenzie weren't so sure. "Actually" Amber piped up, grabbing their attention for a moment. "I have something to tell you all."

"What is it babe?" Mack asked, smiling at her reassuringly. "I got a job." They laughed, probably thinking that it was a low paying job.

"I get $150 an hour," Amber announced. They all just laughed again.

[Hey! I will make chapters longer and I will be updating 2-3 times a week] 🌹