Chapter 46: [ Ordinary family ]

Delaphina Eero Peregrine was the daughter of the Queen, whose position used to be right behind the deceased Empress.

With her given status as the princess of the Queen, compared to her step-siblings which were of the pure blood royal princes and princess as they were the children of the Empress, she did not receive as much attention as the three royal children.

Since young, she was a child who only stuck to her mother's side. She was obedient and did not leave the palace unless an emergency arose.

Thus, she was called, "The Ghost Princess" by the nobles and the rest of the empire.

No one barely remembers her name, no one has ever seen her face but there were rumours spread about her beautiful facial features she had gotten from her father and her mother.

But again, just like her name, Princess Delaphina would only be mentioned on a special occasion, then words about her would vanish like salt in water after a short while.

The Peregrine Royal is also a pretty private family. Unlike the previous emperors who were known for being rich tyrants who only knew how to host parties, this Peregrine generation
only hosts important events, such as to welcome ambassadors or royals from other countries or to celebrate their victories in wars.

And so, no one knew much about the royal family aside from the fact that the emperor is a cynical man who killed people, and someone who won't dirty his hands.

The quiet and smart Queen who came from a family of intellectuals, who graduated in school as the top student with prodigious grades.

The silent and calm Crown Prince.

The sophisticated and talented Crown Princess.

The hot-blood and genius Second Prince.

And finally, the youngest ghost princess whose face was never revealed.

Yes, that is how both noble and commoners saw the royal family.

Honestly, this sophisticated, elegant family image doesn't really sit quite rightly to me.

I, who lives under the same roof as the first born princess, do not accept the royal family given image by the empire.
If only the citizens and nobles knew how they exactly were...

They do have some parts which are indeed true but as someone who lives and sleeps in thesame bedroom as the first born princess.

I, myself, would like to give my opinion that the royal family is even more wild than anyone could have imagined.

Why do I have the mouth to talk about the royal like this? How courageous I am, you think.

Well… As the youngest child among the royal children, I do have the audacity to spit facts.

Ever since I was an average girl on earth, I always had a dream. It was a silly dream but I wished to become a princess who is loved by everyone.

I wanted to become the princess
who is going to be saved by the prince on his white horse.

My dream came true though, I became a princess and…To be born in this kind of family…

I think I'll either save my prince in my magical flying carriage or my whole family will be the one who saves my prince in whatever ridiculous rides they owned.

I, Delaphina Eero Peregrine, the youngest princess who was born without the knowledge of the empire, until some month later, wished to become an average girl back on earth who is
idolized by everyone and loved by both students and teachers again...again...

I really want to go back right now....

"Stop that at once! It's only afternoon! This is your office! Did you only intend to call me just for you to tie me up-"

"You've been talking too much. Seems like I will need another cloth to gag you."

"You- MMPH!!"

Nope. Didn't hear anything. Definitely not. I'm just imagining things.

I deeeeeeefiniteeeeeely didn't hear anything! I must be only hallucinating!
Oh-! Perhaps, it must be the horny spirits of the previous horny emperor who is my grandpa and his beloved concubine.

No matter how much I tried to convince myself I didn't hear those, it wasn't the first time I heard it.

This is the emperor's palace. The palace where the emperor stays. How did I get here?

The princess who wasn't even loved by her father?

Pardon my language as a princess, but fuck no.

My garbage father had made me visit him every 12PM to report to him about my situationeven though I didn't even do anything.

The first time doing it was fine since I was a really patient person and was willing to wear the cute obedient princess mask like those daddy's girls from novels and manhwas.

However, the more he treated me like air, the more I witnessed his unholy activities in broad daylight with my mother, the more my mask began to become loose.

I sometimes ignored his orders and now pretty much answered him like a normal daughter whose father was on a really long business trip and only met once in a while.

In short summary, a daughter's and father's distant relationship.

My dear, wonderfully, pure garbage, father's name is Helios Eero Peregrine.

He was originally the second male lead of the novel world, I, Adelliana and Seraphina had fallen in.

For some reason, I was reincarnated as a non existent character. Or maybe should I say, I myself, was born into this world with the same face and that only my eyes color and name changed?

I did not care about the plot anymore at this point. I really need to survive with the utmost caution if I want to live in the same place with this cynical dude who was the second male lead.

Like expected, the plot will bound to change and I knew that we, father-daughter will soon meet.

My hope was to rely on his personality changes. I do have my siblings and mother on my side buutttttt, this dude is the emperor who can make me and my mother disappear with a snap of finger like Thanos.

I kid you not, this father of mine really lives up to his name as the, "Psycho Smiling Killer", exclusive title by the author. Funny thing is, everything changed except his damn personality.

Horny and garbage as he is, Helios is truly a good leader.

My mother, Perseis Walken Peregrine is a role model woman. Born in a scholarly family, she was sent off to study at a young age and achieved many things.

A sweet and gentle woman who raised me with love and a mother I can finally call my own.

The one and first mother of mine.
My three older siblings, Ezekiel, Sofiana and Augustine are the best siblings I could ever ask for.

They spoiled me and always showered in affection.
Sounds like a normal family, well, excluding my father, of course.

However...

The moaning sound coming from the emperor's office stopped after an hour. I sat inside the waiting room beside his office, munching the cake, my taste buds numb.

Some moments later, the door of the waiting room finally opened. It was soon revealed to be my father who was (unsurprisingly) in neat and clean clothes.

"I didn't see you outside. Did you wait that long?" Helios walks to my seat with his usual smirk on his face.

I gripped the fork in my hand, wishing I could punch his handsome face like how my mother did to him 3 months ago.

"I waited for an hour. I was told not to go inside the office so I decided to wait here."

I didn't bother to hide my dissatisfaction from him. Helios once said, "If you're bothered by something, don't hide it." Not to me directly, but from the novel.

Yeah, since we ARE family, I shouldn't hide the things that I'm not happy with away from him.

"Oh? I see… I thought you would be smiling and shaking your head like everything is fine."

Helios sips his tea and chuckles at his old memories.

"I have something to say too, today. I would like to change our meeting schedule."

No longer waiting, I decided to speak out what had been occupying my mind.

Helios sips tea and raises his eyebrow, wanting to know why.

"I wish to not hear both my dear Father and Mother wrestling. You guys are always busy wrestling inside the office every single time we meet."

I couldn't see my expression right now but I know it's deadpanned and dull like one of those anime characters who is so done by everyone's bullshit.

Helios choked on his tea and cough. I only handed him my handkerchief and gave an innocent smile then pat his head.

"Well, I will be waiting for your answer, Father. Delia isn't a patient person so if you don't fix the schedule, I'll do it by myself. See you later. My good, dear, Father."

I gave him a farewell with a childish laugh and bright smile before skipping back to my palace.

This is pretty ordinary, right?

Our family is really ordinary… Oh, so I wish...

Sorry for the long update. My friend forgot to save the edited draft lmao.

Uhh, after making a deal with my friend PotatoeWolfie who was also the editor of this chapter, I'll update every Monday and Sunday.

So, the next chapter will be chaotic Seraphina blowing up her dad's office.

See ya!!!