29

"oh hyung, you're finally here!" was the first thing changbin heard the moment he stepped into the cafe, eyes instantly looking up to meet hyunjin's.

"hey hyunjin, how did your day go?" changbin greeted with a genuine smile, walking further into the cafe to get ready for his shift. hyunjin, on the other hand, continued to stare at him fondly, feeling completely ecstatic to finally see him.

"it went great hyung, how about you?" hyunjin asked in curiosity, desperate to know.

changbin only looked at him and smiled, "it was amazing, i met this new kid and he seems really cool. i could introduce you guys sometime later if you want, you two would really get along."

"oh really? that seems great, but you don't have to hyung-"

"no really, it's fine. also, who knows? you might like him, you're bisexual aren't you?" changbin questioned with gentle eyes, only watching as a small smile lift itself on his face.

"yeah... urm, thanks hyung then." hyunjin smiled widely, causing changbin to smile back.

"no worries, i'll be back in a moment." he told the younger, leaving the room to get changed.

hyunjin only nodded back, smiling as he watched him leave the room. without him realising, he released a troubled sigh, resting his head on his palm while waiting by the counter.

he didn't seem to realise he was lost into his own world, eyes staring into the distance. luckily there weren't many people at this time, otherwise he'd been drifting away countless times.

continuing to stare at the cafe's door, he didn't seem to notice changbin finally stepping into the room. that was when he felt a sudden pat on his shoulder, causing him to meet face with the older who smiled enormously at him.

"are you okay? you look a bit sick, do you wanna rest? i'll take over if you want." changbin questioned the boy with worried eyes.

only smiling back in reassurance, hyunjin vigorously shook his head as he immediately stood up straight in response. "no, i'm fine hyung. just a bit tired but don't worry, i'll be fine."

"oh really? okay then, if you're ever feeling unwell then please don't hesitate to tell me." he said to which hyunjin only nodded his head in understanding.

"okay hyung! also, who was that man from the other day? it looked like you guys had a quarrel or something." hyunjin asked out of nowhere, slightly catching changbin off guard.

instantly thinking about chan as soon as he mentioned him, changbin just smiled. "it's nothing. we just had a bit of an argument but it's okay. he won't come back, hopefully..." he replied, slightly mumbling the last word to himself.

"oh okay then! i was really concerned at that time. you seemed really pissed off, also your boyfriend-"

"ah, jisung? well, how should i say this? they know each other but didn't really end it off in a good note so that explains why he was really angry. he's okay though, don't worry." changbin reassured with another wide smile.

"that's good, i was worried." hyunjin spoke along with a relieved sigh, feeling as if a heavy weight had lifted itself off his shoulder.

changbin smiled and walked towards him, gently patting him on the shoulder. "yeah, don't worry about it. just focus on the work." he smiled.

the younger nodded in response, soon beginning their shift. as they continued working for an extremely long hour, there was luckily no sign of chan anywhere.

if he had to be honest, changbin didn't really know how to feel about him. he'd never really personally known him for a long time so he knew he couldn't say as much.