31

"did it work?" hyunjin lifted his head up to turn around towards the owner of the voice, eyes staring silently at him.

"no," he then answered, stopping what he was doing for a moment. "he got angry and left." 

chan nodded at his words while processing it, walking further into the cafe. "i figured... your friend, he really is stubborn isn't he?" 

"i mean, i understand him." hyunjin spoke, turning his whole body around to face him. "i can imagine how hurt he must've felt when he heard those words come out from a close friend."

"yeah, i guess." the older sighed, taking a nearby seat. "but, sometimes you got to do it. if it's the truth, it's better that he knows right? even though it may be hard to believe it." 

hyunjin hesitantly nodded, taking his words for it. 

"by the way..." hyunjin began, trailing off to which chan looked up to meet his eyes. "how do i know if everything you said is the truth? it could just be a trap." 

"it could be." chan paused while slouching against his chair. "but you never know. the only thing you could do is to find out whether it's true or not."

"what do you mean by that?" hyunjin narrowed his eyes suspiciously at him.

"i mean..." chan said, now leaning forwards to rest his elbows on the table. "find out if it's the truth yourself if you're still wary of me. i told you before didn't i? that he had broken so many men's heart." 

"so? what do you expect me to do?" he curiously asked, feeling even more cautious.

this caused chan lightly sigh, looking up to face him. "talk to the ex boyfriends that have experienced through this. hear from them and you'll know." 

"what?" hyunjin suddenly questioned, taken aback by his answer. "and how do i possibly do that? i don't know any of the ex boyfriends he had, nor do i know where they are."

"there's one in here." chan interrupted, attracting his attention. "i don't know where the others are but i do know that one of them is here, in seoul." 

"really?" the taller asked with such curiosity, taking a seat opposite him. "how do you know that? who did you hear it from? what's his name? where is he?" 

"calm down first." chan spoke with a small chuckle, lifting his hands up in defence. "i heard about it from someone i know and they told me he just recently came to move here." 

"so, where do i find him?" hyunjin leaned forwards, wanting to hear more.

"i'm not sure about his location and i don't know what university he goes to." chan answered, gesturing hyunjin to get his order.

hyunjin nodded at the gesture, instantly getting up to fetch his drink while listening. "but i do know his name. the person told me." 

"who's it then?" hyunjin whipped his head around, pausing for a second.

"woah, patience. i'll tell you in a moment, i just need to tell you more about him." chan said, making hyunjin turn around to fix his usual coffee. "but even though i don't know much about his location, i'm sure he can't be that far."

there was silence for a few moments, hyunjin listening to everything he was saying. maybe it would be somehow helpful if he were to ask them about it. who knows?

when he was done fixing chan a regular coffee, he then walked over to place his drink down before taking a seat again. watching the older carefully pick the cup of coffee up to take a small sip, he watched as he place it back down again.