16

"well, you see..." changbin trailed off in a shaky voice, suddenly feeling uncomfortable under his intimidating gaze. he didn't like the look jisung was giving him, it made him feel a chill down his spine - almost like menacing eyes piercing through his.

it was beginning to frighten him, he'd never seen this side of him before. maybe there was more of him he hadn't known. and now that he had experienced those dark, chilling eyes staring deadly into him, he couldn't help but gulp. 

why was he so against of the older? was it a bad idea after all?

there was dead silence as nobody spoke, making changbin instantly shut his mouth. should he not have mentioned chan's name? should he just forget about the whole thing and move on? it wasn't like he desperately needed it anyways, he was just curious.

"i-i'm sorry, don't worry about it-" changbin was about to shake it off when jisung stopped him.

"changbin hyung." he interrupted despite his tone still sounding chilling.

"yeah?" he asked with another gulp, his voice still shaking a bit.

that was when jisung placed his hands on his shoulder, continuing to stare at him with cautious eyes. "did you perhaps... talk to chan last night?"

changbin slightly widened his eyes at the sudden question, not knowing what to say next. he was right, he did have a small conversation with the older yesterday. 

however, after remembering what jisung had told him about chan, he didn't know what to do. despite not wanting to lie to him, he also didn't wanna get in trouble for not listening; especially when it was the younger he was facing.

lifting his lips into a reassured smile, he shook his head seconds later. "no i didn't, i was just working last night."

but to his dismay, jisung easily saw through him. "you know hyung, you didn't need to lie to me like that. i can clearly see that you've talked to him."

"what? i wasn't though-" changbin continued to defend himself when jisung instantly went down to pick something up.

"what's this then?" he questioned to which the older slightly left his mouth in agape.

"oh." he then briefly said in realisation, immediately recognising the paper chan had gave him.

jisung unknowingly stared down at the number for a moment before looking back up with same eyes. "what did i tell you hyung? stay away from chan, he's a bad influence."

"sorry, i was just curious about what he said yesterday. also, he coincidentally showed up at my work last night and said he wanted to talk to me about something." changbin explained.

"what did he say?" jisung asked in awareness, searching eyes looking back at him.

it didn't take him long when the words from yesterday echoed inside his head, reminiscing back to what chan had specifically said. 

'what i said earlier, just be careful.'

'jisung's not who you think he is.'

'and also, i wouldn't get too involved with him if i were you.'

he smiled even wider in reassurance, dismissing the words running through his head. "he didn't say much, don't worry about it." 

jisung continued to stare at him before eventually sighing deeply, nodding his head in response. "if you say so, i was just worried. knowing him, he would just come up with something crazy."

this made changbin smile even more, continuing to reassure him. "yeah, like i said. don't worry about it." jisung smiled softly at his words, soon relaxing from his comfort. "but, about what i asked..." he trailed off again, causing the younger to soften his face.