Twenty-Nine || Pocket Watch

I drank my afternoon tea while enjoying the book I was reading until I was disturbed by a knock at the door. "Come in." I said. The door opened and Kurapika entered, closing the door behind him. "Hello again." I smiled. It was only a few hours ago when I last saw him as he discussed the future plans with us bodyguards.

The blonde returned the smile, loosening his black tie before pulling it off completely and folding it onto the edge of my bed where he also put his suit jacket. He didn't say anything as he unbuttoned the top two buttons of his white shirt. "Tired?" I asked. He nodded solemnly and took the seat opposite me.

"I'm finally finished all my work for today." He sighed before turning to me. "How was your day?"

I put down the teacup and the book. "It was okay. I just read my book, oh and I spoke to Killua earlier." I added.

He raised an eyebrow. "I did too."

"What did you guys talk about?" I asked.

"He just wanted to confirm some things. He mentioned seeing Chrollo's name in Greed Island- I reassured him that it couldn't have been the Phantom Troupe Chrollo. But then again, it can't have been a coincidence..." He trailed off, cupping his chin with his hand.

Not wanting him to stress any longer, I changed the subject. "Would you like to go out?" Kurapika looked at me, suprised. "It's been a while since you've been out in the city. Let's go."

He looked down with a ghost of a smile present on his lips. "I'd like that."

Soon after, Kurapika left my room to dress appropriately. It had been snowing, after all. But he left his suit on my bed before he went to his room. Picking up the black jacket, I held it close to me. It smelled just like him; like roses and stress and coffee. I smiled to myself as I held the jacket which still held his comforting aura. I wanted to own it, keep it forever so I could hold it during the dreadful times when he was away from me.

The opening of the door startled me, almost making me drop the suit. Kurapika stopped in the doorway, now wearing a brown cotton coat, as he stared at my flustured figure. "What are you doing with my jacket, you dope." He chuckled softly. The nickname made me blush even harder as I stumbled for something to say. "Come on." He said with a smile, taking my hand and pulling me with him to the outside.

We arrived in town around eight in the afternoon. The people of Azia didn't tend to go out when it got too dark so the streets weren't as crowded as they usually were. With Christmas only weeks behind us, the festive lights that workers never took down glistened through every shop window, the bright colours making the stores more attractive. I hugged myself as we walked down the damp pavement to nowhere in particular.

For once in a long time, I was happy. I can't remember the last time Kurapika and I went out like this, strolling through unfamiliar streets as we talked the night away. It felt natural, in a way.

We didn't plan to go into any stores. It was only when I pointed out that a particular shop looked interesting, to which Kurapika insisted we enter. There was a little ring as we pushed open the doors of the warm shop. Vintage lights hung from the ceiling and every shelf was overflowing with items; a typical antique shop. Trumpets, old clocks and mysterious paintings were displayed on the walls and each rustic table and shelf was occupied with china dolls, funky lamps and hand mirrors. Despite being filled with so many cool things, the shop was suprisingly empty. The old woman at the till gave us a kind smile as we made our way through the interesting store.

I snorted as my eye caught a Victorian doll propped up on one of the shelves, it's porcelain face holding such seriousness despite being dressed in an old school boy's uniform. "What?" Asked Kurapika as I tried to contain my laughter.