Thirty-One || Loving You

-Art by huangdanlan on Twitter-

Back to (Y/N)'s POV this chapter.
PS I don't know what a hangover feels like so again I'm really just making an assumption on these things

~

When I awoke I had to suppress the urge to ask what kind of sorcery spell was put on me to make me feel so shitty. I was nauseous, it almost felt like I was about to throw up. Not to mention the pounding headache which made me feel like my brain was about to split in two.

My eyes could barely focus, it was as if I had become so sensitive to the blinding lightbulb above me. I attempted to heave myself up but my body had gotten so much heavier and harder to move that I immediately fell back down onto my bed. Wait, my bed? Once my eyes finally focused, I could confirm that I was, in fact, under the maroon velvet covers of my bed.

All my senses came crashing down on me like a bus within a moment. After a while of holding my head I finally regained faint memories of the previous night. I could remember going to the casino and nothing afterwards.

My consciousness was still not exactly there because I flinched when I heard the rustling of a paper bag. I turned my head as quick as silver to the source of the sound. Much to my surprise, Kurapika was there.

He stopped when we locked eyes and stared awkwardly at me for a moment before continuing to tidy all the garbage on my dresser into the small bin in his hands. "Good morning," he said casually.

I blinked twice, still trying to comprehend everything. My gaze fell to his clothes; a white shirt tucked into black jeans, first two buttons on the shirt undone and his sleeves rolled up to his elbows- he dressed like this during the evenings or just whenever he didn't have any immediate duties. I looked to the window, the long curtains were open, allowing the light to shine through my blurry windows and I noted that it was morning by both Kurapika's greeting and the way the sun was positioned.

Considering the way he wore his clothes and where the sun was in the sky, I conducted that it was Saturday morning seeing as Kurapika never had any work on Saturdays.

I finally turned back to him, rubbing my eyes lazily. "What happened?" I felt my headache grow worse with every word I spoke.

The blonde laughed lightly and returned to clearing my dresser of any trash. "A certain someone thought it would be a good idea to take advantage of the free cocktails at the Grand Casino." And just like that, it all came back to me. I hid my face out of embarrassment, regretting the actions which led me to this point. He cleared his throat, making me look up to him once more. "You may want to get dressed." He said without looking at me.

I looked down to see myself in only an oversized white shirt. And as if that wasn't embarrassing enough, the top buttons were undone.

Frantically, I reached for the conveniantly folded dress at the foot of my bed. I didn't dare tell Kurapika to leave the room when I put on my clothes but was thankful when he turned away. When I was dressed, I told him it was okay to turn back.

As I fixed my bedsheets, I couldn't help but mentally question why I woke up the way I did. Was it a mere coincidence that I was left in nothing but a poorly buttoned shirt over my underwear, and to top it off, with Kurapika there waiting for me to wake up?

I sneaked a glance to him. He had finished clearing the mess on my dresser and was now looking into the mirror as he fixed his hair. "Kurapika," My voice came out as a whisper. He didn't turn his body to face me but instead looked at my reflection in the mirror. "You- I- did I do anything while I was... drunk?" I'm sure he knew what I meant by 'anything'.