Thirty-Three || Bruises

-Art by huangdanlan on Twitter-

Imagine saying you won't be updating for 2-3 days and then taking over 2 weeks off. Couldn't be me.

~

It was the feeling of somebody's touch on my face that awoke me the next morning. I had to fight to open my heavy eyelids in order to meet the gaze of a lonely boy.

I looked down at the pigment in his gentle fingers which caressed my face. My hand left the bedsheets and took a hold of his thin wrist so that I could kiss his fingertips. He smiled as did I. "Good morning." I said to Kurapika who sat next to me, intertwining his hand with mine.

"Good morning, dear." He said back softly. I sat up with him and looked out the window. The orange sunlight lit up the whole room, feeling warm on my face. As I was staring at the world, I felt two hands snake around my body and that was when Kurapika pulled me into a hug. I didn't know for what occasion he had done this but I hugged him back never the less.

His back was warm. Warm and loving. Kurapika leaned on me as if to bring our bodies even closer. I smiled into his shoulder while my hand rested on his bare skin. The memories of the previous night came back to me, filling every corner of my sinful mind.

Each kiss, each touch, each thrust. I didn't forget how it made me feel. I never would forget. Only a few hours ago this beautiful boy was giving all of his love to me, only for I to return the gesture by submitting myself. Now, now more than ever we belonged to each other. And that was evident by the bruises on our skin. Actually, no, not bruises; they were bites of love- a symbol of reminder that Kurapika was mine and that I was Kurapika's. They were hickeys of gratitude, showing that we were both thankful for having found each other.

I pulled away and looked into his brown eyes. 

"Are you okay after last night?" He asked quietly.

I giggled as if he had just asked the dumbest question on the earth. "Of course I am. It was the most magical night of my life." He kissed me on the lips and moved out of bed.

It was a memorable morning, one nicer than usual. Perhaps because this particular day I wasn't in a shady setting being involved in a life-threatening mafia fight or tracking down sick bastards in order to retrieve Kurta eyeballs. Instead, I was spending the morning with my other half. We showered together, got dressed and went for breakfast.

There was nothing in the world that I needed more than to spend time with Kurapika. I was happy. And I knew this happiness wouldn't last as we would soon have to return to the miserable routine we had gotten too used to. Frowning, I looked at him from across the dining table. "If it's alright with you, I'd like to take a photo of you later." I muttered.

Kurapika looked up from coffee mug, rather surprised. The hall was empty of any sound, all the servants were elsewhere in the mansion and the other bodyguards were tending to their own duties, leaving the blonde and I in unsettling silence.

He chuckled softly at my sudden statement and shook his head. "You're always taking pictures of me." A smile brighter than the sun present on his lips.

"I can't help it. You're just so perfect that I want to capture every moment with you." I leaned my chin on my palm and watched the boy look away bashfully. With a sadder expression coming over me, I looked down at my own mug. "I'm sorry that I couldn't get you anything for your birthday today."

I didn't even bother to tell him it had slipped my mind, to tell him that I was unprepared for the day he turned nineteen. But it was fine because he didn't seem to care at all from that smug look on his face. "Nonsense. What you gave me this morning was the best gift you could have given me."