Twelve || Don't go

There we stood, watching in horror at the sight before us. I never expected for the first day of the auction to go so badly. I really did not expect to be stood in a deserted wasteland, watching as a brutal beast ruthlessly attacked his enemies. His aura was terrifying.

Everybody's analysis on the situation was interrupted when some sort of disgusting worm-man shot out from under the ground. "I'm Mimizu from the Shadow Beasts," He stared each one of us down with piercing golden eyes. "Which organisation do you belong to?"

Dalzollene began sweating profusely but answered him none the less, "We're the bodyguards employed by the Mister Nostrade from the Ritz clan."

"I see. I sense you know a bit about Nen. But If I were you I would renounce." The worm answered.

Dalzollene stayed quiet. Just then another odd character appeared, approaching us with a strong aura. "He's no mere thief." Said the skinny man who looked like a hostile dog.

"Killing is a large part of his life. If you prefer, he's a professional." A short, bald man appeared behind me, startling me.

"He's a specialist." Another said. This one was more chubby than the other two.

The four who appeared out of nowhere walked last us all together in a straight line. "Let the Shadow Beasts work." The dog-like one said.

My colleagues and I only stared at the figures who casually walked to the fearful hairy man who had just single handedly taken down a group of men. I winced at the throbbing pain in my left leg. I hoped to god they would succeed.

~

Like ants. He crushed them like ants. It was sickening, watching how this Spider obliterated those four in almost an instant. I was frightened. So shocked that I couldn't move.

God knows how Kurapika still had the strength to capture that savage. He was the only one out of all us bodyguards who had a plan. And he stuck with that successful plan until he threw the chained down man into the car.

I sat in the back seat next to the Spider while Kurapika and Melody took the front. I was tired, worried but most of my emotions were overruled by pain. The tremendous agony that struck through my lower leg. The blood had already seeped through my long skirt, staining the white fabric a deep red colour. I felt selfish for thinking about my injury during such moments but I didn't intend to do anything about it since it was quite inconvenient so I decided to just leave it and tend to it later when I would have the time.

The beast who sat next to me smirked. "Hey," he said, getting the attention of Kurapika who sat in the front. "Do you think these chains can restrain me? I warn you, in a little bit-"

The cocky man was cut off by Kurapika cursing at him, "Shut up!" He said coolly. Kurapika tightened the chain around the man's body as he squirmed in discomfort. I could hear him muttering about how he was unable to escape out of the chains while the blonde in the driver's seat calmly explained his Chain Jail technique.

Just then Melody received a call from Dalzollene himself who was trailing us closely in the car behind. I could hear him yelling about the enemy chasing us. But how did they track us?

Using Gyo, I searched our prisoner. "A Nen needle!" I exclaimed and quickly pulled it out, throwing it through the window. But it was too late. The Spiders were already hot on our tail.

It wasn't long before there was another phone call to let us know that the Spiders trailing us were gone. That took one weight off our shoulders as we drove back into town.