Ten || Blondie can dance?

-Art by @huangdanlan on Twitter-

Ugh. It was the last place I wanted to be, that ballroom. I never was too social, especially not in large crowds like this. I awkwardly stood at the side of the grand hall, playing with my fingers nervously as I watched hundreds of people dancing elegantly with their partners.

I heard the clacking of heels and turned to my left to see Baise approaching me. She wore different from her usual attire. Her dress was long and silky, it was an emerald colour which complimented her eyes. Her hair was made how it usually was with her classic yellow ribbon and she wore a little more makeup for the event.

She held the end of my hair, twirling the strands inbetween her fingers. "You look beautiful tonight." She complimented me.

"Only because you helped me with my hair and makeup." I blushed. The woman chuckled softly.

I didn't intend to be so dressed up for this dance because, frankly, I didn't really care about it at all. I only went for Neon's request but after arriving it seemed useless seeing as she immediately abandoned her three bodyguards to go and join a handsome young man who offered her a dance.

Me and Baise stood at the sidelines and watched as the happy-go-lucky girl danced through the night. Baise looked around the ballroom before asking "Have you seen Kurapika?" I told her I hadn't.

He practically disappeared as soon as we all arrived. I would be lying if I said that I noticed his absence. It wasn't that I didn't care about him, It was just that I didn't care about him. I knew Kurapika and I knew he would take care of himself, wherever he may have gone. It was always like that back at the mansion too- he would just mysteriously disappear for a while and nobody would question it. I laughed. What a strange boy he was.

A tall, pale man made his way over to where Baise and I were. He had slicked back brown hair and his golden eyes longed for amusement. The charming young man held out his hand in front of Baise with a lovely smile. "May I have this dance?" He asked her with a grin.

Baise looked at me as if asking me to do something. I only smiled at the older woman and gave her a little nudge. Go on, I told her. She took the man's hand, still staring at me with shocked eyes. And then they were off to dance.

I saw no problem in it, there wasn't any sign of danger in the room and Neon looked like she was having fun. Besides I was still there to watch over everything. It was all fine.

Things remained that way for like ten minutes. I did admit, it was a little lonely leaning against that wall without Baise but I didn't mind too much. It was just pleasant listening to the classy orchestral music while watching the attractive man dancing with my even more attractive friend/co-worker. And Neon too, who I saw occasionally laughing with different partners each time.

"My, my, what is a lovely girl like you doing standing here all alone?"

An old lady, with a smile so gentle and eyes so kind, came out of nowhere. She wore a yellow cardigan over a long pink dress and her grey hair was tied into a low bun.

"Ah, I'm not one to dance." I answered her politely and the woman only laughed.

She looked back at the crowd, "Nonsense. Everybody over there is having a great time, why don't you go join them? It's a captivating dress you're wearing so go show it off, I'm sure there are a lot of gentlemen who would love to dance with a young lady like yourself." The women gently gestured me forward, the same way I had done with Baise. Whatever goes around comes around, I guess

I was pulled into the crowd and soon found myself being spun around to the music by a dazzling man in a blue suit. With another spin I was sent off into the arms of another person, this time a lady in a sparkling dress. And it continued like that, dancing and switching between numerous partners.