Nine || Princess

I bolted up in my bed, startled by the aggressive knocking on the door. I sighed. It was most likely Dalzollene waking everybody up.

Reluctantly, I got out of bed and stretched. I changed out of my night gown and put on the same pair of jeans and shirt that I wore the previous day. I walked across the extravagant bedroom to a fancy little chair that I plopped all of my belongings onto when we had finally arrived in Yorknew because I was too exhausted to sort everything into the aesthetic wardrobes and dressers.

I put on my belt which had it's own gun holster attached. I really liked it, it reminded me of the way a badass detective or something would casually walk around with their gun always with them.

Finally, after much procrastination and checking myself out, I left my bedroom and strolled through the new mansion to the main area. Everybody was already there when I arrived. They were gathered around a round dining table as they ate together. I looked out the grand, crystal windows; it was still dark outside. It looked like the sun was rising, in fact. My eyes switched to the ancient grandfather clock, it was only around six in the morning. That explained why I still felt like a sloth.

The other bodyguards called me over to the table so I went and sat with them, taking a warm croissant onto my plate.

"Did you sleep well?" Melody asked with a smile as she observed me digging into the bread.

I nodded as I added more food to my plate. "The bed was very comfortable. I've never slept so peacefully."

"Well it's good that you got your rest. You're going to need the energy for today," Dalzollene said as he walked into the room. "Because I'm sending some of you to go shopping with Neon. A ball is going to be held in a few days and Neon wishes for a new dress so it's going to be your job to accompany her."

Food had never tasted so good before. The gods had to have blessed it or it must have been kissed by the heavens because I knew that no human being could be capable of creating such an exquisite cuisine.

"So which of us will be going with her today?" Baise asked.

I made a mental note to ask about who the chef was later because I needed to meet the clearly higher dimensional being who granted my taste buds with such a satisfying taste and thank them for providing my stomach with such pleasure, such happiness.

Dalzollene cleared his throat and said "The ones of you that will be taking Neon dress shopping today are going to be Melody and (Y/N)."

So tasteful, so delicious, so- what.

I didn't know what was going on until everybody was looking at me, who had been stuffing my face with food during the entire conversation. Dalzollene looked at me and asked if it was alright with me. And I, who had no idea what 'it' was, was very confused.

I looked across from me to see Kurapika looking back at me with an unamused expression. I stared at him with pleading eyes as if asking for him to help me out. He mouthed a yes.

"Yes. It's perfectly fine with me, sir." I said to Dalzollene.

The older man smiled and put his hands to his hips. "Alright then. The rest of you, I have a few jobs also regarding the ball- specifically looking into all the guests and checking for any sign of danger which may occur. Melody and (Y/N), Neon will want to leave in an hour's time so be ready." And with that, he left.

Letting out a long sigh of relief, I let my fork clatter down onto the newly emptied plate. Kurapika stared at me in disappointment. "You didn't listen to a thing he said, what were you so fixated on?" He asked.

I smiled sheepishly. The food, I replied. Basho snorted at my response while the Kurta remained silent. I was glad that Basho was here because he gave me the reactions that the blonde was incapable of expressing.