Twenty-Eight || Remain Silent

-Art by QuentineQuan on Twitter-

I was woken the next morning by the humming of the birds outside my window. The crystal chandelier on the ceiling sparkled from the sun shining through my paper thin curtains. Rubbing my eyes tiredly, I turned my head to the boy next to me. He was still asleep on his side, I watched as his chest rose and fell with each gentle breath he took. He looked so peaceful lying on his side under my bedsheets with the back of one hand on the pillow and the other hand on my stomach.

Trying my best not to wake him, I moved his hand off me and quietly sat up. I looked down sadly at him. His golden hair strands were sprawled out all over the pillow and on his face. Oh, that beautiful face of his. His eyes were closed with tranquil and his lips were parted so slightly. His skin was perfectly smooth, not a mole or blemish in sight. My eyes traveled down to his defined jawline and then to his neck and below. The top two buttons on his dress shirt were undone, revealing his defined collarbones. I gulped as my gaze lowered to his torso.

I almost jumped when he released a soft moan. He brought his hand to his face, rubbing his eyes gently before looking at me. "Well good morning." Said Kurapika in a raspy voice. I opened my mouth to reply but nothing came out. He furrowed his eyebrows and sat up. "What's wrong? Your face is all red." He reached out his hand to me but I moved back swiftly.

"I-I'm fine!" I squeaked, trying to ignore the fact I was checking out my friend. Kurapika chuckled before getting out of the bed.

I followed him to the dining area where we talked as we ate the breakfast the chefs had prepared. He took a sip of coffee from his mug before placing it down onto the table once more and told me about his plans for the day.

"I see," I started. "So you're busy all day today, I take it?" He nodded. "That's a shame. I would have liked to spend more time with you today."

He looked at me and then back at his coffee. "I don't understand why you would want to." He paused, staring at the spinning coffee as he swirled his mug. "I may finish my work by the afternoon. If so, we could do something together."

"That would be nice." I smiled, setting down my empty teacup. "Well then, I'll be off. Don't overwork yourself." I reminded the boy. Kurapika only smiled in return, saluting me as I left the room.

I was on my way back to my bedroom when I felt my phone ringing. I took out the phone from my pocket as I entered the room. Much to my suprise, Killua was calling me. "Hello?" I answered.

"Yo, (Y/N)." He said back cooly.

"Hey, Killua! How's it going, is Gon with you?" I flopped down onto my bed, grinning widely as I spoke to my friend.

"Nah, he's in Greed Island right now. I just completed the Hunter exam, actually. I'm heading back to him soon."

"I see. Is there any reason you called?"

"Well I mainly need to discuss something with Kurapika but I wanted to call you first. I heard about what happened with your sister through Leorio. I'm sorry."

I sighed sadly. "Thank you."

There was silence over the phone for a moment before he asked, "How are things with you though?" It was obvious that Killua was struggling with what to say. It was like he didn't know what else to talk about but didn't want to hang up quite yet.