Sixteen || The Spiders

- The fanart above is SO hot idc idc. It's by @phoneafrog on Instagram. -

The sound of heavy rain pounding against the car windows added to the tension in the air. We noticed the members of the Troupe running in the direction of the hotel.

"Hey, can you pass them with the car?" Gon asked Leorio who sat in the driver's seat.

The man shook his head. "It's rush hour. They're faster running than we are with a car..."

I didn't have time to process anything because the passenger door swung open and the one who bolted out of the car was a disguised Kurapika. It took a moment to react, but Gon and I followed in hot pursuit, leaving Leorio stuck in traffic.

I could feel my heartbeat pulsating through my veins as worry washed over me while I ran through the pouring rain, quite literally chasing the man of my dreams. To clarify, no, I was no longer hooked up on that thought. During that time the only things which mattered to me was hunting down the group of thieves.

Running past the crowd of people, we hid behind the wall of an alleyway. If the Spiders were using Gyo, which they most likely were, they were sure to have spotted our location by now. I looked to Gon, making sure he was thinking what I was thinking. He nodded at me with furrowed eyebrows. We had to reveal ourselves.

Gon stepped forward first, hands outstretched. "Sorry!" The boy said innocently. "I promise I'll stop following you, I'm really sorry!"

"You again?" The voice was feminine and uncaring, probably a Troupe member. They muttered words among themselves. "There's another one. Show yourself!" The same voice demanded only seconds later.

They found me, despite me using In to conceal my aura. I gulped. I was about to walk forward before I felt a gentle hand touch my back, I turned to see Killua walking by me. He offered a reassuring smile from the corner of his eye. I read that look fluently, it said: stay hidden. Only come out if they decide to capture us.

I nodded at him as he turned his face away, exposing himself to the members. Even if Killua didn't issue that command to me, I still would have chosen to run out only if there was an immediate sign of danger.

"What should we do, Danchou?" I overheard the same girl speak again.

And then a deeper voice, who I assumed belonged to the leader, spoke, "Let's keep them."

That was my cue. At lightning speed, I took my revolver from the sheath on my thigh and flew out from the alleyway. Clearly the enemies who stood there hadn't expected this because they all looked immediately startled. I didn't hesitate before pulling the trigger, watching as a silver bullet teleported into the thigh of the short, black-haired girl with stylishly round glasses. She was mine.

"Attack the Spiders!" I yelled. The girl, no, my robot rather, acted instantly at my order and swung a fist into the face of another lady beside her who wore a short yukata.

Killua and Gon freed themselves from the Nen strings but before they could act, Gon was hanging upside down, the hidious man in the long dark fur coat holding him by his ankle. He took a hold of Gon so fast that I hadn't even noticed and neither did Killua by the looks of it. My eyes switched to the pink haired woman who was now lying on her back, trying to pry off the hands of my robot who was strangling her. Then my gaze went back to the tall leader once more to see him now wearing a confident smile on his face.

"Release her." He said calmly, referring to the girl that I had uses my power on. "Or I'll kill the kid." It was terrifying how his tone hadn't changed at all while threatening us so casually. I glared intensely at the man, his pupils didn't falter at all: he wasn't bluffing.