Twenty || Home

A long yawn escaped my mouth as I watched all the trees passing by through the car window.

"If you're tired, you can go to sleep." Kurapika said, keeping his eyes on the road. I shook my head.

It was the second day in Azia. In the morning, when I was still asleep, the Kurta snuck out of my room and explained the situation to Light Nostrade, asking him for a short break from work on my behalf. The boss apparently understood and allowed for the two of us to go back to my village for two weeks. I was slightly pissed that Kurapika did this without my permission but decided that I didn't care enough to argue with him.

Still, I insisted that he needn't come with me and that I could go alone. He should stay back at work, he was the head bodyguard, after all. But he denied and said that I was in no state of mind to go by myself. So, with no more emotional energy left to fight, I let the blonde take the lead and throw me into the car for a five hour journey to the small town which I came from.

The ride was quiet. There was nothing to say, really. The only reason why I was no longer crying like the night before was because I forced myself to stay composed in front of my friend. I was a Hunter, I reminded myself. There was no time to mope over death. I had to be strong. Kurapika didn't say much either and I was grateful for that.

~

It felt like only seconds ago we had entered the car before arriving at this too familiar village. My chest tightened as we drove into the hamlet, looking up at all the pointed roofs off the small cottages. But the town looked a lot sadder than usual. I told Kurapika to drive up the old road. I had emailed Kotori (who left her details at the end of the letter) to tell her that I would be arriving today. We would be meeting at the plaza.

Kurapika parked the black Mustang into the side of the road. The figure of a tall, petit woman stood not far from our car and watched as I got out of the vehicle. I didn't wait for my partner and instead walked ahead of him to Kotori who stood waiting for me with her hands clasped at her front with an equally grim expression. I stopped directly in front of her, staring into her sad blue eyes before looking down at the floor. This interraction was very different from the last one; it was strange to think that only half a year ago I was returning home to hug and greet this woman but yet now, after so much time, I had come back, for the death of my sister.

Neither of us said anything for a while. She reached out and slowly wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into her warm embrace. "I'm sorry." Was all she managed to croak out.

Kotori said she'd take us to the grave. It wasn't a long walk, only up the path of the main hill and behind the church. I had visited the village graveyard before so I didn't need anybody to guide me there, but, for some reason, it felt right to have Kotori take me. I didn't have to look behind me to know Kurapika was following us, it wasn't like I minded, don't get me wrong.

After the treck up the hill, Kotori stopped at the gates of the small cemetery. "She's buried beside her parents." She said. I understood and told her that it was okay, I could go on from here. "Are you sure? I could walk you in and-"

"It's fine, Kotori." I said softly. "I want to be alone. My friend is coming too." I added the last part, almost forgetting about the man who had brought me here in the first place. The woman nodded and left. I heard her mumble something to Kurapika who stood a safe distance away from me but I paid no mind to it and just continued into the burial-ground.

I don't remember what happened after that. I just recall standing before the tombstone of my sister while staring down at the flowers already planted around it, most likely from the other village folks. I cried. Not loudly, though. It felt wrong. It felt wrong to know that the girl who I had devoted my whole life to was now buried underneath the ground which I stood on. "What do I do now..." I mumbled after a while. What I meant to say was, how am I supposed to live the rest of my life after this?

Kurapika, the only other living person in the area, stayed quiet, even though I knew he heard me. I looked back at the boy after a while to see him standing stiffly. His posture made me smile. "You look uncomfortable." I said. "Come closer. Stand with me." He obeyed and stood next to me.

I held onto his arm tightly and was glad that he didn't point it out and just let me grab him. "It's a shame you never got to meet her." I said quietly. "I wanted to introduce her to you, Leorio, Gon and Killua. I think she would have really liked to be friends with you guys aswell."

Kurapika nudged me off of him and took a step forward. "I'll introduce myself now." He said with a smile. He turned his attention to the grave and bowed down, pretending to take off an invisible hat and hold it to his chest, something a charming gentleman from the old days would do. "My name is Kurapika Kurta. It is a pleasure to make your aquaintance, Lady Enri of the (L/N) estate." He stayed in that position with a gentle smile. I knew my mind was playing tricks on me when I saw the sillhouette of a young girl standing on the grave in front of him, giggling and clapping her hands at the formal introduction. Enri would have enjoyed that greeting, she always loved to be treated like a princess.

"Thank you." I said. The boy repositioned himself and smiled. "Let's go. I want to go home." Home. That felt nice to say. Although it wasn't really 'home' if Enri nor Kotori were no longer there to greet me. But that was okay because I wasn't entirely alone.

~

Going back to the cottage made me feel a lot better. I threw some firewood into the furnace as Kurapika took a walk around the house. "It's a nice home. It's comfy here." I heard him say from another room.

Faking a smile at the compliment, I thanked him. I showed him to the guest bedroom and gave him permission to go anywhere or do anything he'd like in the house before announcing that I'd be going to my room. Kurapika didn't reply so I turned my back to him coldly and went into the bedroom that I would share with Enri.

I locked the door behind me and stared at her bed in the dark room. The blinds were open, allowing the moonlight to shine through the window and illuminate the folded white sheets on the single bed. Almost instinctively, my legs moved to the furniture. Looming over the bed, I stared at the clean bedsheets before reaching out ever so slowly and taking it into my grasp, pulling it from the mattress and holding it to my face. Her smell was gone. It had been replaced by the scent of lavender washing detergent. The drastic change in smell almost acted as a symbolism that I had nothing left of her at all, both her smell and presence were gone.

I sat on the soft mattress, not remembering when I got onto the bed, and looked around the dull room. Hours passed of sitting in the same position while thinking of nothing. At some point, my eyes fell onto a particular photograph lying on the bedside table. I reached over, lifting the picture and staring at it's contents.

My hand flew to my mouth, trying to hold in the sobs which threatened to spill. It was the photo that I had taken of the sky after completing the first stage of the Hunter exam which was almost a whole year ago. It was so beautiful, and to think this was one that Enri looked at everyday made me want to cry even more. She was the happiest girl in the world. She always loved the sky. And now she was up there with it.

I flopped back down onto the bed, pulling the covers over my frail body and held the small laminated card close to me as my thoughts delved into a void of grief and memories.

~

I want Kurapika's fat cock 💃💃