Seventeen || Holding Him

-Art by Jidaart on Twitter-

After many, many hours (and pathetic escaping attempts), we were taken to the hideout of the Phantom Troupe. It was located in the ruins of an abandoned, rundown city. The particular building was cold, filthy and overall creepy. I sat chained to a small boulder inbetween Killua and Gon, who were also tied down with weak metal bonds.

Other than the sound of pouring rain, the entire area was silent. The Troupe members didn't usurp a word amongst one another and the boys and I stayed quiet too as everybody waited for the return of Pakunoda.

She eventually came back to all the members swarming her and bombarding her with questions. Conflict broke out amongst them and I mentally groaned when Gon joined in on the squabble. I wanted nothing more than to get this whole ordeal over with.

The tension in the air was broken by the faint sound of a phone ring. Shalnark pulled out his small remote and gave it to Phinks who answered. It was, as the Spiders would say, the 'Chain Bastard'. I wasn't able to hear what was said over the line but I figured it was Kurapika calling to make sure that we were okay because Phinks looked mighty unpleased and threw the phone to Gon who caught it with ease.

The young boy never broke his glare with the older man as he brought the remote to his ear and answered the questions which were fired at him. "Yes. They're all here." It looked like the confirmation had ended because Gon was about to give the phone back but stopped himself mid-action and put his ear against the speaker once more. There was a small pause. I watched Gon's expression change to one of confusion while he locked eyes with me. "Yeah, she's fine..."

I could feel many pairs of eyes burn into my skin but I was honestly just as lost as they were. Did- did Kurapika ask about me seperately?

Ignoring that, Phinks went off on his friends, still explaining that he didn't think they should let Pakunoda go with us alone while the woman herself left for a moment to get ready. This time, Gon didn't involve himself into it and only stood alongside me and Killua who leaned against the boulder we were chained to only moments ago.

"Why did he ask about (Y/N), Gon?" The white haired boy asked the other. It was a little hard to hear him with all the ruckus Phinks was causing in the background.

Gon shrugged and told us he didn't know. "It was after he made sure that everybody was still there, he hesitated for a moment before asking if (Y/N) was safe." Damn. Even if he wasn't here, he still managed to flabergast me.

Killua turned to me, with his cat-like grin. I wanted to slap that stupid smirk off his face because I knew what he was about to get at. "Ehhh? It looks like he really cares about you, huh, (Y/N)? Nufufufu~"

I nudged the shorter boy out of embarrassment. This is a very inappropriate situation to be teasing, I said.

"I'm not teasing. Why did he ask about you in particular anyways?"

"Probably because he knew that I'd end up getting myself hurt or something."

"I don't think that's the reason, idiot."

"You're the real idiot!"

Gon looked at Killua, then back at me, then at Killua, and back at me, and just kept switching his gaze between the two of us as we argued with one another. "I'm confused, why do you keep insisting that he doesn't care about you, (Y/N)?"

Killua chuckled and patted his best friend's shoulder. "He cares for her in a different way, Gon. She just keeps denying it." The boy said. Oh how I hated being ridiculed like this. Killua doesn't know anything. He clearly knew nothing at all if he was implying what I think he was implying. I knew the truth was that Kurapika only asked about me because he assumed I had already recieved a great injury just like last time. That was the only reason. He didn't feel any differently about me than he did with Leorio, Gon or Killua. To him I was only a friend.