||Kurapika||

-Art by phonafrog on Instagram-

This IS a chapter. The reason why I haven't put the chapter number in the title is because I'm not considering it a chapter so take this as an additional scene I guess? This is from Kurapika's POV.

I can't write about drunk (Y/N) from drunk (Y/N)'s point of view, can I? So instead I chose to just write from Kurapika's perspective. Originally I wanted to keep this book realistic and stick to only one POV but I'm going to discard that just for today for this.

Also, it's cannon that Kurapika thinks a lot, even overthinks most of the time. I'm trying to really see through his eyes as I write this so obviously I'm going to try and change the tone to one more overwhelming and nervous to match the character I'm trying to convey. And because I don't want to split this off into two chapters I'll be making it a oneshot by including it all in this one do it'll be pretty long ig. That's all. Thank you.

~

The croupier slid another few stacks of red chips to me. Keeping a straight face, I pulled my winnings in closer to the rest of the pile of red and white gambling chips which lay in front of me. I leaned back in my chair as more men begged to be included in the next round of poker.

Even with the win of every game I played, there was still not as near enough money as we would need. If my estimations were correct, the five of us who entered would have gained, so far, an average of one hundred and thirty thousand Jenny. We had been here for three hours meaning it would take roughly four thousand, six hundred and fifteen more hours until we get somewhat close to our goal. That would be just over one hundred and ninety days, assuming we keep up a routine of sending five skilled gamblers/ people of skill of this casino for at least three to four hours daily. But, of course, that was impossible. However, a lot of money is also gained in the additional bodyguarding service that we now run. This opens up a whole new room for calculations to add to the rough estimate of how much money we will need and produce within a certain time.

I sighed, thoughts and equations filling my head while my eyes absent-mindedly trailed around the great hall at all sorts of people as I awaited for the next game to begin. It was at that moment when I saw a familiar figure being cornered by three men. I knew immediately who it was from that mesmerising (H/C) hair.

"Hm? Is something wrong, boss?" Asked my co-worker from beside me.

Turning to him, I told him to continue playing without me. "I'll be back." I added before standing up and speeding to the girl in the distance.

Once close enough, I noticed one of the three men now on the floor, holding his groin in pain. The other two were pinning back her arms roughly as she squirmed and tried to escape their grip. The scene before me was pretty self-explanatory: three men approached (Y/N) inappropriately to which she responded to by assaulting one and is now being held back by his friends. But what didn't make sense to me was why she was allowing the other two to touch her when she could easily overpower them.

Sighing, I simply stepped forward and took a hold of the smaller girl and pulled her away from the strangers hands. They looked at me angrily and it was clear they were about to respond to my actions but before they could, I glared at them menacingly. "You shouldn't touch a lady without her permission." I said with malice in my voice as I held (Y/N) closer to me.

The two froze in their place, obviously overcome with fear by the deathly aura I was emitting. I sent them one last terrorising stare before turning away with (Y/N) still in my grasp.