Seven || Devil's Gun

-Art by @kimoriart on Instagram-

- I give a brief description of what the Reader can accomplish with her Nen powers in this chapter but I don't exactly go into detail. More info about her ability will be listed at the end of the chapter. Thank you. :) -

My eyes widened, watching intently as Kurapika retracted his chain and began dodging the attacks of the enemy.

Seeing him fight like that made me want to show off a little too. Furrowing my eyebrows, I pulled out a revolver from my little handbag before throwing the bag elsewhere. I kept a tight grip on my gun as I jumped out from behind the table, hearing Melody gasp at my sudden actions.

Swiftly I dodged the bullets as I ran closer to the hooded figures and stopped abruptly when two of them came before me. I outstretched my arms, clutching the revolver inbetween my still fingers and pulled the trigger. A Nen bullet flew out faster than light and lodged itself into the right-forearm of one of the enemies. Without a moment to waste, I reloaded the gun and shot again, this time hitting the left thigh of the other person. I smirked. They were completely under my control.

"Take out all of the enemies." I whispered low enough for nobody to hear but clear enough so that the command reached my new puppets. I watched as the two began running aimlessly, attacking their own kind as told.

I paused, noticing that something seemed off about the situation. One particular guy, the skinny man who had sideburns wavy like a curly ribbon, was the only one not being approached by the enemy team. It just didn't sit right.

Turning away my gaze from the man, I observed the rest of the room while at the same time dodging numerous bullets and swords and yet still keeping my two victims under control. I ducked a sword which swiped over my head as my eyes locked with the Kurta who was swinging on the chandelier. I nodded at him before quickly tilting my head towards the man that I suspected, hoping that Kurapika understood my message.

He must have gotten it because he leaped down from the chandelier and started towards the same man, grabbing a hold of him and pointing a knife to his throat. "You have three seconds to stop them." Kurapika glared at the guy.

He complied almost instantly, allowing for all the hooded figures to fall and return to their original state of the man's aura. Just as I thought, they were his Nen beasts.

The man revealed himself to be Sachimono Tochino and explained that he was hired to test us. He also briefly hinted towards another imposter being present which made Kurapika act instantly.

The blonde went around each of us, a small metal ball dangling from the chain on his ring finger. The chain remained still until it was presented before the tall, dark-skinned man when it suddenly began swinging. He was the infiltrator, Kurapika announced.

There was a short argument between the suspect, who I later learned was named Squala, and the other Hunters. I remained quiet throughout the interrogation for I wasn't blessed with an ability to detect lies unlike everybody else apparently.

Eventually Squala admitted to being the other infiltrator and the rest of us were allowed to finally leave the mansion.

The five of us left the building together. My eyes lingering on the dogs laying on the front garden as the cold wind slapped my face. "Which reminds me," The muscular man started. "I never got your names. I'm Basho. A conjurer."

The enchanting woman batted her eyelids and looked into the distance with an unbothered look. "Baise." She said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Melody." I heard Melody state. Basho asked her what Nen category she fell into. "Well, you'll find out soon enough." She said in her sweet tone. Basho only clicked his tongue in response, muttering something about her being coy. Melody turned to Kurapika, who stared straight ahead with a serious face. "And you? I'd like to know your name. Will you tell us?" She asked politely.

Kurapika refused rather coldly. I had to hold in a laugh at how emotionless he was but instantly straightened myself when I saw him glare at me from the corner of his eye. But I still snickered at his strange antics on the inside.

I felt Basho's stare on my back. "What about you?" He finally asked.

Smiling, I clasped my hands behind my head and walked in a relaxed manner. "My name is (Y/N). I'm a manipulator, I'm sure you noticed when I took control over those Nen beasts." Unlike Kurapika and Melody, I wasn't so reserved. I wasn't afraid of revealing myself or the consequences of doing so. My eyes widened as I recalled having a similar conversation with the same boy that I walked next to. People who read are hiders. People who don't hide always like who they are. His words lingered at the back of my mind.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Basho laughed. "Finally, someone who's so open! I already like you, kid." I turn my head to the older man behind me and flashed him a grin as we left the gates.

It wasn't long until we all had to part ways in order to hunt for each of our own objects. I said my goodbyes to Melody, Basho and Baise, I hoped to see them again soon. I looked to Kurapika who stood at the start of a path which led into the forest, he was staring at me as if he wished for me to go over to him. So I did.

I stood before him, noticing each sparkle of sadness present in his eyes. "(Y/N)," My heartbeat quickened at the way he said my name. "I didn't say it earlier so I'll say it now. I'm glad we got to meet again." And once again my heart slowed as I found comfort in his words. "I'll see you in a week's time after we collect our items."

I nodded. "Yeah, I'll see you in a week!" He didn't smile but his eyes softened and I knew it was the best I would get for the time being. I hoped to make him smile again someday, just like he did during the exam.

With a small salute, I walked away from the tall blonde Hunter and began my own little journey.

~

Yeah. Heres the Reader's ability:

Name: "Devil's Gun"
(The reason I called it Devil's Gun was because I liked the idea of this being a really deadly ability, you can control anyone and anything with these bullets. Kinda like how the devil has the power to take over somebody's life.)

Catagory: Manipulation
(I wanted to make you a manipulator because I want your character to be unique and not too similar to Gon, Killua, Leorio or Kurapika.

Description: Basically you fire these bullets encased with Manipulation Nen from a regular revolver (much like Illumi with his needles). If these Nen bullets hit your enemy in specific areas then you gain the ability to control them completely.

Restrictions:
-In order to control your enemy, your bullet must hit them in one of these areas: The forearms, thighs, the nose or tibias.
-You can control up to roughly 6 people at the same time, each person can be controlled for max 6 hours
-If the person/people you are controlling is/are 100km far of you, you lose the control.

Is this good? Are there any parts which are unreasonable? If so, please say- I wouldn't mind tweaking it a bit to fit your guys' standards. Also I got part of this idea from Reddit, I made the majority of it up but the general idea with the gun and the bullets came from that app. That is all. Thank you.