Chapter Five

"Why of course James I would love to do that," you said as you two grabbed what you needed, exited the BAU, and headed out."

You and Reid had not packed much because the BAU gave you a whole new wardrobe. Watch me get cargo shorts and flannel t-shirts you thought to yourself earlier when they handed you the bags.

You two began the drive to the ranch that this cult was on. The ranch was located in northern Pennsylvania so it was only a 3 or 4-hour drive from the BAU.  Reid decided to drive as all you wanted was to sleep. He begged for aux and you fought him hard against it. if you were going to sleep the whole time you decided to give it to him.

You woke up halfway through the drive to Reid humming along to sweater weather. You giggled quietly because you knew what it meant, you yourself related all too well to the song.

Reid heard you and looked over, "don't laugh at me," he said jokingly but also a little embarrassed that you heard the song. "Oh please Reid, the best of us listen to sweater weather sometimes. Do you ever cuff your jeans? Because I feel like it just makes the look when I do it."

He laughed and changed the conversation obviously uncomfortable at the fact that you two just bonded over being bisexual. "Hey do you feel ready for this?" he asked you and you looked over at him sort of angrily.

"Geez did Hotch put you up to this too. I swear that Man thinks I am physically unable to function without the team. It's like he-" spencer cut you off "Y/n I'm not asking because of Hotch. I'm actually pretty nervous."

You felt stupid. You let Hotch get to your head. It was like you could not get him out of your head lately. You looked at Spencer, "Sorry, yeah I get that. I just didn't think you would be nervous Mr.brainiac. But yeah I'm nervous, I honestly have no clue what I am getting myself into with this."

You turned your head back to look at the road ahead of you because you did not like talking feelings or whatever like this. You felt warmth on your thigh and you looked down to see Spencer had put his hand on your leg. You slightly pulled your leg out of his grasp hoping he would get the hint, but he did not pull his hand away, it just rested there.

"I hope you know I won't let you get hurt, it won't happen I promise," Spencer said. Oh my god, what is happening right now. Why is his hand on my thigh?

"And plus the most we will have to do relationship-wise is kiss. That can't be that terrible right? At least there's no kinky sex or something involved" Spencer finished.

I can't deal with this right now. What is he doing? This is just a case.

You moved your legs up close to your chest as you curled into a ball knocking Spencer's hand off of your thigh. He put his hand on the wheel and gripped it tightly before looking over at you.

"Hey Spence," he hummed in response, "This case won't affect our friendship right?" you said extremely sweetly trying not to sound so harsh.

Spencer, without a change in emotion whatsoever, said, "well yeah duh. I can't be losing another brainiac on the team." you laughed and said, "I take the compliment but I'm no IQ of 187"

"Yeah that's a tough one to beat" he laughed through his words nodding slightly and focused his eyes back on the road. You yanked his phone out of the aux when Mozart started to play. "No old people music," you said as you plugged your phone into the aux.

Just your luck, as you plugged your phone in, 'it's been a long long time' started to play. "No old people music?" Spencer said, making fun of you. "Oh shut up," you said, hitting his arm lightly.

You switched it to your playlist because you thought it was appropriate for the conversation you had earlier and the song 'Scotty doesn't know' began to play.