Chapter Thirty-Six

Friday came along faster than any of you could think it would. You two dressed in your most formal as you two drove over to the court where neither of you wanted to be. The big building stood in front of you, and Aaron held you close to him as you two walked inside.

It was a small room that you were guided into. There was a man, a cop, that stood outside with what looked like a list in his hand. He had a name tag that read "Bruce". You were confused about what the list was but decided to ignore it. As you tried to walk into the room, bruce blocked you.

Bruce claimed that you were a conflict of interest and forced you to sit outside of the room, giving you no access or information to how the fight against the assault lawsuit was going. You hated every second of it, you were just sitting on a bench, back pressed against the wall, waiting.

It was the worst thing you could sit through, but things suddenly got better. In Front of you, Garcia walked into the building. Her heels clicked across the floor as she got closer to you, and you could feel a smile grow on your face.

"I heard someone needed company." She said to you, sitting down next to you. "Who told you that?" you wondered because no phones were allowed into that room and you certainly didn't text her.

"Well I didn't actually know but my spidey senses were tingling, and well...I have to go in there in a little bit." she wasn't actually here for you but she was. She's Garcia, she is always there for everyone no matter what.

"Why aren't you in there." she put her arm around you and you leaned into her. "They think I'm a conflict of interest but I don't even understand why. None of this makes any sense to me." you felt yourself choke up but once again you held it back, "All of this is my fault, ya know?" your voice broke but you held back tears.

"Love you need to calm down. You love him and he loves you, and that's all that matters." she rubbed your arm with hers that was wrapped around you. "But that's not the point, this is my dad, this is my family. They're mad at me for making them look bad and now they're just ruining everything to get back at me."

"That's all they do, they're assholes who throw money at problems to cover everything up. But they can't cover this up with money, so they just got revenge." your eyes welled up with tears and this time you couldn't hold them back.

"And I just want to end this all, I didn't even want to drag him into my life, but then I fell for him and I let him in, and now we're here." you let out a silent sob, "And it's all my fault." Garcia's hand moved to the back of your head as she hugged you and held you close.

"It'll all be over soon I promise, and Strauss told us that if this ends unscathed, you guys are welcomed back no issues, no consequences, just a psych eval." she was trying to cheer you up, she just wanted to make you laugh, and it kind of worked.

You sat up, sniffled a bit, and tried to keep a straight face but when you locked eyes with her she made you smile. "See that is what I like to see out of you, you are my sweet sunflower, I don't like sad sunflowers." she pulled a makeup wipe out of her purse to help with your mascara before she gave you some of hers to re-apply.

"Garcia, Penelope." Bruce opened the door and called her into there. You got a quick glance of Aaron when he opened the door and he didn't look too worried which filled you with hope again. Maybe all of his will be okay, you thought to yourself. 

"I have to go in there, and I won't come out until I win, I promise." she gave you another hug before once again, you were alone on the bench outside, and the door closed behind Garcia.

It was silent in the hallway, the room gave off odd muffles but you couldn't make out anything in there. So you just sat there, and you sat there, and you sat there some more. Every so often you would answer a text or two from the team because they all wanted to know how it was going, but besides that, it was a lot of waiting.