Chapter Thirty

Quick note: the case stuff makes zero sense in this chapter, my brain just could not make it make sense. Just pretend like it makes sense for my sanity.

____

That morning you and Aaron had not spoken to each other the whole time. He drove you to your house and waited for you to get ready before you drove to the BAU together. The ride was silent and the tension waved in the air the whole time.

When you sat in the briefing, you went to sit next to him but decided not to. You were nervous around him now for some reason. The lingering three words, eight letters, that meant so much, hung in your head.

The briefing was filled with small looks and glances. Each time you would look at Aaron, he would look at you, but you would look away. And vice versa, he would look at you, and as soon as you would meet his glance, he would look away. No words between you two were spoken.

Both of you were completely unable to admit that he was going to say I love you and you were going to say it back.

But before you knew it, you were all boarding the jet on your way to Boston, ready to catch a killer.

Yous were the last to board the plane as you forgot your purse and had to run and get it. You walked down the slight aisle going to sit next to Aaron, only realizing that Rossi had sat next to him instead. You, in change, sat next to Emily in a slight huff.

"What is that for?" she said responding to you sitting down in a huff. She had a kindly smile on her face that seemed to be comforting. "Just a bit stressed," you said back trying to shake off her questioning, you glanced over at Aaron again and he gleaned at you as well before you broke it and looked away.

"Clearly you are distressed, your neck says so," she said, poking the obvious hickey on your neck that you attempted to cover with concealer and a scarf. It was not hidden well. "Em, stop it." you huffed again.

"Okay, seriously what is up with you. I thought that last night was your fancy little date with tall guy over there" she gestured to Aaron while talking to you. "It was, but I really don't want to talk about it." you said

Emily grabbed your hand and dragged you to the back of the jet where the coffee machine was, and the slight of privacy that came with it. "You need coffee, jitterbug." she finished as she handed you the cup of coffee that had a bit of cream and sugar in it. "Now talk to me, and don't make me call you sweet cheeks like Derek does." she was trying to make you laugh.

"Last night was everything." you sighed and your heart pounded at the recollection of your thoughts. You kept your words at a soft whisper so that others would not hear the conversation, even so, that the nosey Italian's ears couldn't pick it up.

"So what is wrong?" she looked at you confused.

"Nothing is wrong, that is the issue." you sighed again,

"Care to elaborate?" She was extremely confused now.

"He took me to Fiola Mare, which in the first place is so much more than I expected, we walked on the waterfront, and i really opened up to him. He was so caring and he listened to everything I said. It was amazing." you were smiling and your body once again warmed up at your words.

"And then it rained" you started but were interrupted, "so you are telling me you are huffing over rain?"

"Well if you wouldn't interrupt me." she smiled and nodded signaling you to continue, "anyways, I stood in the rain and he kissed me while it was pouring, it was everything." you paused, looking at her and them looking around you for a second

"and then I think you can figure out what happened after that." you smiled giggling over the slight mentions of sex, "and them this morning too," you said, both of you laughing now. "You dirty dog," she said with a big grin on her face.