Chapter Twenty-Four

You woke up wrapped in Aaron's arms. They held you close as you observed his quiet breaths. He didn't snore rather exhaled quick breaths that puffed closely to you. They were relaxed and each one showed a comfort that he felt around you.

You wanted to stay nestled in his arms but your mind said breakfast. You wiggled out of Aaron's arms as lightly as you could and a small whine came from him before he quickly fell back asleep. With most of your clothes still in the living room, you grabbed Aaron's dress shirt from last night and a pair of his boxers you grabbed from the pile of folded laundry.

His shirt was really big on your torso and arms. As you walked out of the room you stopped into the bathroom to remove any remnants of makeup you had on. It was not much but a little bit of mascara that had smudged under your eyelids. You headed into the kitchen, rolling the sleeves up of the button up so that they would fit on your arm. You grabbed the hair tie around your wrist and threw your hair up in a messy bun

When you walked down the stairs that led to the kitchen you noticed the array of clothes that lined the first floor of the house. You thought it best to clean up, for fear that you might forget something and little child hands would find it.

You piled up what was left out, which was mainly just yours, left it at the bottom of the steps, and veered for the kitchen.

When you finally got a chance to think about it, It was weird that you stayed at his house, you really didn't know how to feel. You made it a point to not stay over so that you could keep it separate but you didn't want it to be like that anymore. You didn't see him as your fling anymore, but you didn't want that to cause it all to end.

Did staying over at his house mean this would end? God, did I ruin this by staying over?

You shook your head a bit to throw out the thoughts that plagued your brain simply leaving it up to that you would talk to him about it later, then proceeded to scatter yourself through the kitchen trying to figure out where everything was.

You filled and turned on his coffee machine as you grabbed your phone and began playing some music at a low volume to fill the silence. "Beast of Burden" by the rolling stones hummed through the kitchen as you pulled a pan out from one of his drawers.

You grabbed the eggs and bacon out of the fridge and you started cooking, the music keeping you swinging around the kitchen mindlessly. As you shoved the bacon in the oven you heard the coffee machine ding.

"I'll never be your beast of burden, I've walked for miles my feet are hurtin" you hummed to the music as you turned around and began to pour two cups of coffee. You were swinging your hips and dancing along to what was playing

"All I want is for you to make love to me" you sang along again

"Is that so?" Aaron's deep voice rang out behind you and you turned around in shock. Your face lit up bright red with embarrassment.

"Oh my god Aaron, you scared the shit out of me," you said hitting him in the shoulder with your hand. You turned back around to grab the coffee cup that you had poured for him as you felt two hands slip onto your hips and Aaron's chin rested on your shoulder.

He pulled you into him tight, "I was enjoying the show" he kissed your shoulder and chuckled to himself before your pulled out of his grasp and turned around

"How long have you been standing there." you were embarrassed but were trying to brush it off

"Long enough to see you dancing in my kitchen in my clothes," he said as he stood leaned up against the counter in sweatpants and a blue t-shirt, a slight scruff was forming on his face.