Chapter Eleven

It was like everyone on the team was mute when you all got off the plane. You stayed back with Emily for a second to let everyone get their things before you did. Hotch was the last of them to leave before you and Emily did. You two made eye contact a few times before he got off but neither of you seemed to want to speak to one another.

You stood up with Emily and grabbed your bag before she looked at you. "So will you survive until tomorrow?" you looked at Emily and rolled your eyes. "Em, He is gonna yell at me the whole night I guarantee it," you said still thinking back to what happened in his office after he yelled.

I do not want to talk to him whatsoever, even if he wants to talk about what happened.

"Mama I think you need to buck up a little bit." Emily said to you while you both exited the plane and headed for the SUVs. You stared at her with an angry look on your face. "Buck up?? Em did you not listen to what happened to me? He screamed at me." and he put his hand down my pants

"Yeah I know, but if you just tried to talk to him nicely without yelling it might help. I know that you two talking without yelling is unreal," she emphasized while doing slight jazz hands, "But you guys need to talk. The whole team can feel the anger and its tense."

God, you hated her sometimes. You knew she was right but that was how you and Hotch worked. You two only knew how to scream at each other at the top of your lungs. "Emily I hate you because you are right but that is just not how it works."

"It can be," she said before giving you a tight-lipped smile and hopping in the SUV with Reid, JJ, and Derek. You of course got stuck in the one with Rossi and Hotch. Your two favorite gossiping teenagers.

The car ride was dead silent. Rossi and Hotch took the front seat and you were alone in the back seat. You literally felt like a prisoner that had just been arrested by two cops.

You thought it would be a good idea to break the silence because you were sick of feeling like the child stuck in the backseat. "Do we have a plan for tomorrow?" you asked nicely but straightforward because you did not want to be ignored.

Rossi was the one that spoke, "I think we planned on going to the police station tomorrow." that's it. That is all he said. "Oh." was all you said before the silence filled the car again. I love getting iced out by my co-workers.

"What was that?" Rossi said. oh no, did I just use my outside voice, not on purpose? Fuck my life. "Did you say something y/n?" he asked nicely because he genuinely thought you said something.

"Oh no I didn't. I think you are hearing things Rossi." you cracked a joke and the old man chuckled but hotch stayed dead stern looking forward while driving.

You all arrived generally at the same time to the hotel but your car was last to leave so you showed up after Emily's car. You all got out before Hotch walked to get hotel key cards for everyone. Rossi walked over to you while you were standing alone waiting for the keys.

"He'll lighten up eventually." what the fuck are you trying to tell me Rossi? I really do not want to hear it. I swear to god if Hotch told you I will kill him. "He is just grumpy."

you looked at Rossi like he had nine heads just to fuck with him. You gave him the white boy smile, tight-lipped and all, nodded your head, and walked off because Hotch was coming back with keys. Yelling at hotch is better than whatever dad sex talk Rossi is trying to give me right now.

You looked at Hotch before he gave you the key. You guys locked eyes before he broke it and handed you the card. You all got in the elevator together and it was dead silent still. Nobody dared speak for some reason.