Chapter Twenty-One

You walked into the BAU Monday morning at 7:45 like you always did, walking in after the weekend off like Aaron had promised the team. You had avoided your phone all weekend as you expected to be berated with texts from Garcia, but you really did not care.

You walked through the bullpen saying good morning to everyone and you hadn't noticed Garcia anywhere. As you paraded through the floor, you made your way to your desk and sat down.

"How was your weekend?" Emily turned to you in a sweet voice, "I didn't get a single text from you this whole time, I was at least expecting a wine night." she finished

"I was a little bit preoccupied catching up on sleep, which I really needed, I promise we can do another soon." You turned away from her looking at the pile of paperwork on your desk. You sighed before opening it up and tried to get started.

"You sneaky snake," you heard a voice behind you. "I know you are hiding from me." You turned around and saw Garcia standing right behind you, holding her octopus mug in hand. "I need you in the Batcave now, and there is no saying no." She finished speaking trying to remain as stern as she could, which was not really that stern at all.

"I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that one" Derek taunted you from his desk. "Watch your tone, egghead." you joked back at him and Reid laughed a bit too hard at your joke.

"That's funny, You know that doesn't mean what you think it means. Actually, the definition of an egghead is someone who is highly academic or studious. They're an intellectual. Not a bald man." Reid chimed in making a correction of your attempt at a burn. He laughed at himself.

"Fine" you paused and turned to Derek, "Humpty dumpty, go fall off your wall." You laughed as you walked away, "Oh it's on sweet cheeks." Derek spoke officiating a war between you two

You walked up to Garcia's door and just stood there for a second.

I am not ready to be grilled by Garcia. There is no way I can lie through her. She can't keep a secret though, so I am definitely not telling her.

You gently knocked a few times before a shriek came from her office, "Come in promiscuous girl. I've been expecting you." You sighed before opening the door. As you walked in her face lit up like she had a million questions. You had no interest in telling her any of this.

"Take a seat my dear" you sat in the chair that she rolled out for you and you just looked at her waiting for the questions that she so greatly wanted to ask.

She just looked at you expecting you to say something. There was a gleaming look in her eyes like a kid who was just given a gift.

"Tell me everything about you and Mr.Stern," She said, staring at you with her ears wide open ready to hear it all.

"Garcia," you sighed "I was drunk and so was Aa- Hotch, I kissed him and it was a mistake." you lied trying to get her to ignore the fact that you left the bar with your hand in his. Your phone buzzed and you shrugged your shoulders a little to try and shirk the situation.

"Oh y/n" she started "I am not a profiler, but that was the worst lie I have ever seen." she looked at you and laughed slightly. She turned away from you to her computer before she put her hands on the keyboard.

"Now tell me the truth, the whole truth" she emphasized her words, "before I use my magical fingers to hack into your text messages and see what the bossman just texted you." you sighed because you knew you were defeated.

"When I say this, I mean it in the nicest way possible," you began, knowing that your next words were going to be harsh, "You can't keep a secret," you paused regretting saying that, "but I'm telling you this expecting that you will not tell anyone." you finished