Chapter two

So you mumbled to everyone "see you when I'm fired" and got up and left to meet Hotch in his office, nervous to know what is happening.

As you walked across the floor all you could feel were eyes on you. And when I say all, I mean all. Everyone looked at you with pity and you felt like complete and utter shit.

It's not like you openly tried to get fired or something it's just that you and Hotch really did not get along. I guess it is damn time to figure out, you thought as you opened his office door and shut it behind you.

You quickly adjusted your skirt as to not flash anyone before you sat down. You made direct eye contact with Hotch to show you were not scared and about to break down, but on the inside, it was quite the contrary. imagine that scene from Spongebob with the fire.

It was dead silent for a few seconds and that alone just about killed you until Strauss spoke up, "Agent y/l/n we have to discuss a dire matter with you" and that is what did you over.

"If you are firing me I just would really like to say how much of a time I have had here. It has been hectic and I bonded with this team really well. I know I am a problem, but I do apologize and I will have my desk clean-"

that is when Hotch cut you off, slightly laughing at you for thinking you were going to be fired "y/n you are not being fired. We need you on the team more than we do half of the others. This is a completely separate matter."

"oh" is all you could muster out of your mouth. You felt like an absolute dipshit. Hotch laughed at me for this, he probably thinks im the biggest idiot on the team you thought to yourself.

That is when Strauss took over the conversation, bluntly she stated, " we are sending you undercover with Dr. Reid." Your mouth plummeted to the floor as Hotch hesitantly handed the cult case over to you.

Without hesitation you blurted out "did Dr. Reid already agree to this?" Did Reid request me for this? is this really happening? I've never done undercover before. Am I going to have to fuck Spencer? I can't do this to his heart.

You were ripped out of your thoughts when Hotch sternly answered, "No Reid has not agreed to this nor does he know yet." and with that, it is almost like you were able to breathe again. It's not that you did not like Reid, it's just you really appreciated the friendship you have and this would 100% fuck it all up.

"I hate to be like this," you started, "But why me for this case, and why are you telling me first?" you paused for a second and then asked again a little bit more aggressive, "Why are you not telling us together." you were extremely shocked and had roughly no filter so this why you were getting feisty.

Strauss was about to answer that but Hotch took over instead. He looked you dead in the eyes trying to intimidate you into calming down, and stated, "We wanted to gauge how this would play out between the two of you because cult cases like this are very intense." Hotch began again but with a little sass, "clearly this is not the right opportunity for you right n-"

"I'll take the case with Reid" You abruptly cut him off plainly just to shut him up. You know where he was going with the rest of that sentence. He was going to say that you were not ready for this, that he knew you would not handle the case well, and that he should have asked Prentiss instead.

You were not going to stand for his sass. So after you cut him off, you stood up, not caring to adjust your skirt, grabbed the case file, and walked out. On your way out you said, "I will send Spencer in, and I fully plan on keeping this confidential, but I am going home to pack and prepare."

You continued walking out so that neither Hotch nor Strauss could not say something, you sent Reid inside and gave Emily the "come over tonight I have drama" eyes. You packed up your things not saying another word to anyone and left.

You looked at your watch as you got into your car and it was 3:00, which was the earliest you had ever left work without notice. You drove a baby blue convertible. He was named captain, as in Captain America, and you loved him very much.

On your way home you were starving so you picked up two large pizzas from your favorite pizza shop Ledo's. You knew Emily was going to come over tonight so you thought it best to buy enough for her as well.

That's when your phone rang and the caller ID said, Spencer. Your stomach dropped when you saw it was spencer because you completely forgot he was coming on this case. You hesitantly answered the phone

"Hey Spence," you said sweetly not wanting to show much emotion. "Hey y/n... i- um I just got the case stuff." his nerves were evident and you became majorly panicked and hung up.

You fucking idiot you thought, and picked back up the phone and called him back. "Hello?" He answered, "Hey, sorry I'm in the car and meant to put it on speaker but I hung up by accident" you lied but it's not like the technophobe would understand.

"It's okay no worries," he said reassuringly, "have you had a chance to read any of the case yet? This one might be a little crazy." You hadn't read any of it yet because you had been in such a flushed frenzy from Hotch so you felt bad.

"No Spence sorry I haven't I left in a bit of a hurry. Can I call you back later when I read all of this? I don't want to be a neophyte when we discuss this" you said trying to end the call as fast as you could so you did not drive yourself off a cliff.

"Oh yeah... um okay then... bye" he said a little bit saddened by your words and hung up without a chance for you to say goodbye.

Uh okay bye, then I guess you thought to yourself and continued driving home with thoughts of pizza and drama. It scared you a little bit that spencer seemed like he was getting emotionally invested in this case for some reason. Spencer is just too... delicate for what you liked you thought to yourself

You walked inside, put the pizza down, and practically fell into the couch as soon as you got the chance. You felt weirdly emotional and you were not sure why, maybe it was the pressure of the case, Hotch being rude, or spencer hanging-up on you, but you could not handle it.

You turned your favorite comfort movie, the proposal on, changed into comfy clothes and shoved pizza in your mouth while you tried to figure out what in the flying fuck you were going to be shoved into with spencer.

1346 words