The Final Rose

February 22nd... a little more than nine months later

As you felt the morning sun drift onto your face, Aaron's arm snaked around you, followed by an "ew." that came from his mouth.

"What? What's wrong?" you asked slightly panicked, pregnancy made your emotions so heightened causing the slightest inconvenience to be a major problem. "What did I do" you started again, this time more emotional than panicked.

"No, nothing. You are just sweaty and I wasn't expecting it," he said trying not to offend you in the process. "Thanks?"

"No, really, it's nothing bad. It's just that it's February and cold out, and I didn't expect you to sweat."

"Sorry" you were offended, turning away from him. "If I'm so sweaty then go hang out in the freezer." a horrible attempt at being mean back at him but there was not much that you could think of to throwback.

"How about I turn on the shower for you, make you a big breakfast, and then you can spend the day ordering me around. How does that sound?" he said getting out of the bed and walking towards the bathroom.

"I order you around every day, what's the difference?" you laughed as you attempted to get out of bed, which was a surreal struggle. "Aaron" you yelled while he came rushing in to help you up. His hands in yours you stood waddling into the bathroom where the running shower awaited you.

"What time does jack get back from his sleepover?" you yelled from the bathroom. "I think 12," he said back to you while you stepped into the shower. The warm shower relaxed your muscles and you felt bliss in the seam that cleansed you of your sweat. You weren't even hot, just sweaty for some reason.

You felt a horrible pain in your lower stomach and it killed you. You hunched over for a second before you stood up and it stopped. "Can you stop moving in there?" you said to your stomach. Most of your cramps were when your baby was moving, but they normally stopped soon after so you just ignored them. You continued on with your shower washing yourself.

You stepped out of the direct contact from the water and showerhead to get the shampoo and suddenly you felt a large gust of, what you assumed was, waterfall from in between your legs and another one of the horrible cramps that left you breathing heavy. You realized what happened, your water broke.

"AARON" you screamed from the bathroom and stepped out of the shower, wrapping our bathrobe around you. He clearly didn't hear you as another horrible pain came again. "AARON" you basically screamed bloody murder.

He came stumbling into the bathroom practically falling all over the place. "WHAT?! WHAT?!"

"NOW...CHILD" you aggressively pointed at your stomach "NOW" he moved quickly behind you putting his hands on your waist and guiding you out of the bathroom. "I need to get dressed, I am not going to the hospital in a bathrobe."

He grabbed clothes for you as you struggled to put sweatpants onto yourself. "Why now? You aren't supposed to be here for another two weeks," you yelled at your stomach as Aaron helped to dress you. He guided you carefully down the stairs and out the door.

You were breathing like Darth Vader trying to remember what the birthing class taught you. The pain was horrible and you were practically screaming in the car. You positioned yourself in the only way that was possible for you to be somewhat comfortable. "DRIVE FASTER" you nagged at him.

"I am moving as fast as I can," he said back to you trying to not panic as well.

"MOVE FASTER" you yelled as another, more painful pain came. One that was different than before. "ITS GETTING WORSE" you grunted out again trying to brace the pain.