Chapter Sixteen

You looked up from your phone and texts to Aaron having a cheeky look on his face, almost like he was trying to get someone to ask you who was texting you. You gave him a slight stare that told him 'stop' before he grinned and texted your phone again.

A: "This is fun for me"

You looked up from your phone trying to hold a straight face. You gave Aaron another look that told him to stop sending you texts and your phone dinged.

A: "I'm not stopping anytime soon."

You scoffed at your phone before Derek's watching eye called you out. "Ooh, who you texting sweet cheeks?" you looked up shocked for a second that you had been caught texting before you turned to him.

"I really don't know what is happening to my phone. I keep getting these annoying texts from some dude and I don't know how to make them stop. Can you take a look"

you finished before you tried to hand Morgan your phone with the texts on them. You made sure he could not see the texts because your phone was off. You looked up after to see Aaron with a panicked and angered look all over his face.

That'll show him

"Sweetie I wish I could but I don't do phone fixing. I have no clue how they work." Derek said to you and you pulled your phone back. You knew he wouldn't touch your phone but you just wanted to piss Aaron off and clearly, it worked.

You ignored any other messages that hit your phone because you knew that they were from Aaron who was probably saying something stupid. You curled up into a ball on the chair and fell asleep because you knew you had a long day ahead.

You woke up to the feeling of the plane landing which this time around was quite aggressive and not really as smooth as it normally is. "Are we home?" you said to Emily half awake before she shook you a little bit

"wakey wakey we just got back and Hotch announced while you were asleep that we have a lot of paperwork ahead of us today," she said before you kind of scoffed and sat up yawning.

***

When the team arrived at the BAU it was like none of you were able to talk. Nobody said a single word to each other. they scattered and sat down at their desks to do their paperwork.

You sat at yours and opened the paperwork to start writing things down but found yourself just staring at the pages not taking anything in.

We need to talk about this a little bit more

Come to my house tonight

His texts played in your head before you felt your pocket vibrate again and you looked up over at Aaron's office to see him immediately lock eyes with you through the window. He gave you a small smirk before you broke the smile and ripped your phone out of your pocket.

A: "Staring at your paper? Something on your mind"

Y/N: "Head is a bit full right now for some reason... am I still coming over tonight?"

You sent that to him because honestly you would like the company and you wanted to make sure that he was still available. Your phone dinged again. I need to turn my ringer off

A: "Of course, ill cook us something nice for dinner... if that's ok"

His words seemed hesitant and you wondered about them a bit. Dinner? You thought to yourself a bit nervous. I thought that this was a no-strings thing. Maybe he means it as just like a friend's thing.

"Yeah, sure that sounds nice."

You said back trying to keep everything as casual as you could. You had a weird stomach feeling but you knew it was just your brain causing it. You could sense the hesitancy in both of your texts.