Chapter Six

Thomas left and you and Spencer went inside. You looked at him and gave him the look that meant 'we literally have this case in the bag.' "I know," he said as he hugged you. And you moved upstairs to get ready for the gala.

You both went your separate ways to give the two of you privacy when you changed. You went into the bedroom and put on a gorgeous velvet green dress that hugged you in all of the right places. You had beautiful black Louboutins to wear and you wore them like you were a millionaire. You straightened your hair straight and did a small pin back of some strands. You did light makeup with a light brown fade with gold sparkles on your eyes and a thick clear lip gloss on your lips to top it all off.

You had been trained your whole life on how to act at galas and yet today you felt the most nervous you had ever been. You had a feeling this was not going to be an auction off items kind of night. You knew that something was gonna go down. 

You got yourself all mic'd up before you walked downstairs and you heard hotch in your ear.  "Hey y/n, I know Spence can hear me but can you?" He said waiting for you to ensure your mic was working.

"Yeah, Sir I can hear you, loud and clear. Can you hear me?" You said in response. "Yep, oh and agent y/l/n, my apologies for leaving stuff out of your case file. I noticed it that morning after you guys left and I felt bad."

Woah was he actually apologizing to me? "It's okay, it's no worries, It's not like you purposely wanted me to die or anything." You said jokingly back and he laughed slightly. Oh my god did he just laugh?

"I'll prep you two on the walk over with what is going to go down tonight." He said in your ear. "Okay, Thank you." You said back and turned your mic off. Or at least you thought you did.

Spencer was downstairs waiting for you to finish getting ready and you locked eyes with him as you walked down the stairs. Spencer looked at you up and down and just said nothing. He was looking at you like you were a tall glass of water and all he wanted was a drink. Can he stop looking at me like that? It's weirding me out.

You knocked him out of his stare when you said, "James, take a picture it'll last longer." his face turned bright red, and was clearly embarrassed but did not want to miss the opportunity to get you back for that.

"If I took a picture you don't even want to know what I would do with it." He said that back to you and watched as your face turned bright red. Even redder than he had been.

"I hate you." you jokingly said back in a straight sarcastic voice. And he grinned at the way he was able to embarrass you so much. He didn't move as you walked past him and you could feel his eyes on your backside.

"James, I can feel you staring, It's weirding me out," you said bluntly because it was creeping you out, and with that, he moved. He picked up his pace quite fast and said. "I was not staring, I was thinking about this night that's all"

You ignored him and walked by him as you two headed to the gala hall. You heard Hotch in your ear and he sounded extremely angry which confused you because he was laughing with you five minutes ago.

"Agent y/l/n I need you to understand that this case is not a joke. We will have swat waiting to raid this place. But, When you walk in there you are not to dance with Spencer whatsoever, you are not to eat or drink anything, and especially DO NOT draw attention to yourself. Do you hear me" he ended aggressively

What the hell. Like five minutes ago he was apologizing and laughing with me. Why did he switch up so fast?

"I got it, sir, we are almost there now so I cannot talk but we are heading in." You and Spencer walked through the door and there Thomas was waiting to greet the two of you. "Great of you to show up Mr.Adler" He addressed only Spencer again.