Chapter Eight

Normally I do not do beginning notes but this chapter is really long and is a lot of recaps just to clear up what is happening because some people have been hella confused with what is happening. This also adds more info into y/n (your) thoughts and stuff.

_____

You took three days off from work to heal your concussion but honestly you really just needed a break. You sobbed through two of them because you honestly felt like your world was just tumbling apart beneath you. Today was your last day off before work tomorrow.

You invited Emily over tonight because you really needed to fill her in on what happened on the case. the team was not going to be told about it because it was supposed to be "confidential" but you knew they would all find out eventually and you thought it best to tell her in person.

You heard a knock at your door and you knew it was Emily so you yelled, "Come in Em it's unlocked." She walked in and looked at you with your disheveled hair, a glass of wine, and obvious puffy eyes, before sitting on the couch and saying. "Hey, gurl. You doing ok?"

You looked at her and said, "I'm only minorly broken but I just do not want to go back to work. You want wine?" She watched you speak and her face went blank. "What happened on that case? Give me the long story and yes, wine please," she said actually pretty worried about you.

"There is literally so much, do you really want the long story?" you asked, handing her a glass of wine before you started to tell. "You might want this before I start." Emily looked at you, took the glass, and said "Y/n just tell me the story." She was worried about you.

"Okay so," you began, "It all starts the night before the case. After you left that night I looked back through the case file and Spencer called me shortly after." you stopped for a second, and Emily looked at you with surprised eyes that were egging you to speak more

"He called me and it was really an awkward call. He called me to make sure I was gonna be fine on the case but it was just silent for most of it. And then he called me by my case name which was Karen of all names. And so I was like fine bitch and said "Goodnight James" in a sexy voice just to fuck with him."

Emily was confused "why did you do that?" she said, "I don't know I just wanted to fuck with him a little, it was funny to me." I said back

"Okay continue," Emily said and you did. "So Spence hung up the phone and then I got another call like three seconds later and I didn't check the caller ID because I thought it was spencer and I answered the phone thinking it was him. Which it wasn't."

Emily's mouth dropped open, "Who was it?"

"It was Hotch but I did not know that and of course I answered the phone in a sexy voice. I was all like "James why are you calling me again so late at night" and it was all pouty and sexy and gross. Hotch was pissed."

"You're an idiot." was all she could say to that because she had a massive grin on her face.

"And then he was mad at me. He was like "who the hell is James" and then yelled at me and said to take care of WHATEVER BOY I was with before the case or I am fired. Like why did he emphasize boy? Why was he so mad that I was with someone?"

Emily was cackling at this point. She thought it was so funny that this happened to you. "Oh just wait it gets worse."

Should I tell her about the sex dream? Nah maybe another time. "So then I had to talk with him the next morning and I really just dug myself into a hole with that one."

"This story is just getting better and better" Emily laughed at you. "I am glad you are enjoying this so much because I am not." You said bluntly and sarcastically to her.