Chapter Thirty-Five

You sat at your desk in the bullpen as you waited for Aaron to be out of the meeting with Strauss and the other members of the board. His meeting seemed oddly long but you tried to shake those feelings. You couldn't hear much of anything but every so often you heard words like "Enough," or "that is not how it works."

The voices were mixed and you couldn't tell if it was Aaron or another one of the men, but you couldn't make out Strauss's and it worried you because she seemed to be the only one on your sides.

As you sat there though, you just looked around your desk. You realized how cluttered it was and if things ended badly at the end of this, you would not be able to clean it out in one fell swoop. So, your anxiousness kicked in, and all you could do was clean.

First, you started with your papers, You organized them further and then you got into some routine. You pulled a small bleach wipe out of your drawer and wiped your desk down. You practically forgot that you actually were not fired or that you were waiting for Aaron to get out of the conference room.

And as you kept cleaning, hunched over your desk trying to clean out anything or everything that looked messy, you realized how psycho you looked. A nervous wreck anxiously cleaning a messy desk, in a scenario where you might actually have to do it in a coming time. And when that realization hit, so you sat up and just stopped.

Nothing you could do right now would be normal. You had never been in this situation before. You had never done anything wrong to the point where the board had to be called. It was an odd time. And you were just lost in your thoughts staring at a half-clean desk.

But then you felt two hands on your shoulders, and the hands felt familiar. They brought comfort to you that was like no other. That figure behind you lent down and pressed a kiss to your head. And you just knew it was Aaron and he had had a hard time in there.

"It's your time to go in," Aaron said to you with a gassed-out voice. He seemed drained, and you knew it too. He was in there for at least two hours and you hoped that yours would not be that long.

"How bad was it?" you said back to him in a frightful voice. "I've done one of those before so I knew what was coming but really it's nothing that you can't handle. Just tell the truth. And especially don't be a dick." he said before you looked up at him, "how much of the truth?" you smiled before he pressed a quick peck to your lips and you stood up.

As you walked closer to the door of the conference room, you could hear yourself breathing. THe labored breaths filled with tremors of doubt and anxiety attacked you. You felt like your chest was closing in on itself. But as you realized it was the beginning of a panic attack, you cantered yourself and held stable. A stability that you were not sure for how long you could hold it for.

Aaron, who decided to walk up with you after he noticed your panic, opened the door for you and gave you a kind smile. "Thank you" you whispered to him before he closed the door and left you and the others in the room. You came to notice that you and Strauss were the only women

"Y/n, please sit," Strauss said, aided with a hand that gestured to the chair on the other side of the table, all alone. And you did as told, you sat, taking a deep breath in. Just letting those who had the fate of your job in their hands lead the way.

"I want to make this as simple as possible, we just need to get a few things in order before Friday." her words rang out and you were slightly confused, "what is Friday?" you asked

"Aaron's court date." said the man you didn't recognize.

"Sorry I am just a bit lost, I thought all of this was going to be dealt with quietly, even his assault accusation. Especially because Garcia found security camera footage that rejects the accusations."